Will there ever be a fix for fullscreen?
Are you using the hardware OpenGL backend? In my case (GTX 1080), it's a lot slower than DX11 with the same settings: in the cathedral of Soul Calibur 3, without moving, 99fps in DX11 at 8x native resolution, and 40fps with OpenGL. And it's like increased resolution is increasing CPU requirements in OpenGL, but not in DX11. Weird.

Vsync totally forced off in my case (it being on doesn't hurt performance for me).

I remember a fullscreen problem with OpenGL, it was a discussion in the forums... a year ago, maybe? I had the fullscreen slowness back then (very increased GPU usage), but not anymore. Just overall slowness Tongue2.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR

Sponsored links

(12-18-2016, 10:04 PM)masterotaku Wrote: Are you using the hardware OpenGL backend? In my case (GTX 1080), it's a lot slower than DX11 with the same settings: in the cathedral of Soul Calibur 3, without moving, 99fps in DX11 at 8x native resolution, and 40fps with OpenGL. And it's like increased resolution is increasing CPU requirements in OpenGL, but not in DX11. Weird.

Vsync totally forced off in my case (it being on doesn't hurt performance for me).

I remember a fullscreen problem with OpenGL, it was a discussion in the forums... a year ago, maybe? I had the fullscreen slowness back then (very increased GPU usage), but not anymore. Just overall slowness Tongue2.

i use dx11.
Ok, looks like your CPU is struggling. THis isn't surprising for soul calibur 3.
And when you disable full screen, you confirm it plays @ full speed ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-18-2016, 10:26 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Ok, looks like your CPU is struggling. THis isn't surprising for soul calibur 3.
And when you disable full screen, you confirm it plays @ full speed ?

It plays at full speed unless its in fullscreen or maximize the screen .I've tried making the screen bigger by stretching it but if i make it too big it also slows down. So I guess the bigger the screen is the slower my game moves.
Unless some vsync is on in your GPU driver's settings, I have no clue.
Never had this problem myself
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-18-2016, 10:56 PM)jett4141 Wrote: It plays at full speed unless its in fullscreen or maximize the screen .I've tried making the screen bigger by stretching it but if i make it too big it also slows down. So I guess the bigger the screen is the slower my game moves.

My Thinkpad T420 laptop has that problem with PPSSPP. I have to run with a smaller window to get full FPS otherwise its to slow. So yeah it looks like your CPU might be on the edge of just making it for Soul Calibur 3. Its also only some games that are slow on my laptop with a larger PPSSPP window. Might also be on your GPU as well. Try dropping the rendering resolution down a notch or 2 and see if that helps it might be hitting the 960m to hard. My thinkpad has a 4200m.

So yeah basically I have seen this exact problem with PPSSPP on my laptop so its not unheard of for me.
Can you please upload a widescreen .pnatch for this Madden game?
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.