Will these PC specs be able to run PCSX2 at full speed?
he should get acer w/ the same specs as author post the specs there i bet the price is different.
Sony,Macs and HP are freaked expensive.

(08-23-2012, 07:51 AM)metal dra900n Wrote: If you guys know any laptops that can run PCSX2 emulator perfectly or near perfect (without modifying it) reply please

it depends on the PS2 game title that is eat a lot of cpu's lappy power e.g. VP2,GT3 and 4,DBZ series.
unless you are about a couple of year of pcsx2 user and have experienced a lot.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel

Sponsored links

I'm not just planning to buy a laptop just to play PS2 games i also want to play computer games and for everyday use (facebook, YouTube, Homework), i don't have my own laptop (i'm using my mums which i'm not really allowed to use, don't worry i'm not 40 i'm 15)

The recommended computer specs here says:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer

Recommended Processors:

Intel Core 2 Duo / Core i3 @ 3.2Ghz or faster
Intel Core i5 / i7 @ 2.66Ghz or faster
AMD Phenom II / Athlon II (X2, X3 or X4) @ 3.4Ghz or faster

Recommended VGA cards:

Nvidia Geforce 9600GT / 8800GT or better
ATI Radeon 4750 or better

Do you know which laptop will run better out of these 2?

Sony Vaio SVE14A15FGW 14 ($994)
specifications:
- 2nd Generation Intel Core i5-2450M 2.50GHz with Turbo Boost 3.10GHz CPU
- 4GB RAM
- AMD Radeon HD 7670M with 1GB Dedicated Graphics

OR

HP DM4-3011TX 14 Notebook ($704)
specifications:
- 2nd Generation Intel Core i5-2430M 2.40GHz CPU
- 8GB RAM
- ATI Radeon HD 7470M
out of the two, the Sony Vaio is going to be better (no brainer here, faster cpu, better gpu Tongue)

memory is unimportant to a point.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-23-2012, 12:17 PM)refraction Wrote: out of the two, the Sony Vaio is going to be better (no brainer here, faster cpu, better gpu Tongue)

memory is unimportant to a point.

Do you know if PS2 games will run smoothly (perfect fps and sound) or close to perfect?
Probably not, you need a much quicker cpu really, unless you are running games which don't need much in terms of speed. Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy should be okay on it and anything 2d (well, most stuff), but MGS3 and Tekken are out of the running.

If you can get an i7-2###QM processor or an ivybridge based i5 (any 3400 series or above chip except 3470T which is actually 2 cores), you will have better luck, the addition of the extra cores allows you to make good use of the MTVU feature, which provides huge performance increases in games. On a dual core processor (sorry HT doesnt help) it can "sometimes" help, but rarely.

(08-23-2012, 09:27 AM)Livy Wrote: Sony Vaios and MacBooks are for noobs who don't know where to spend their money.

are you trying to offend me?
(08-23-2012, 12:28 PM)refraction Wrote: Probably not, you need a much quicker cpu really, unless you are running games which don't need much in terms of speed. Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy should be okay on it and anything 2d (well, most stuff), but MGS3 and Tekken are out of the running.

If you can get an i7-2###QM processor or an ivybridge based i5 (any 3400 series or above chip except 3470T which is actually 2 cores), you will have better luck, the addition of the extra cores allows you to make good use of the MTVU feature, which provides huge performance increases in games. On a dual core processor (sorry HT doesnt help) it can "sometimes" help, but rarely.

What do you mean by don't need much in terms of speed like turned-based games or are all games run differently? I only just want to play Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, maybe Kingdom Hearts 2 Re:Chain Of Memories and maybe Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2), will the 3 games work out smoothly? I will look for other laptops/notebooks that have your recommended processor.

(100% english patched Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain Of Memories USA and Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2 in USA) are all playable from start to finish http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html)
kingdom hearts 2 might be okay, I believe dark cloud 2 runs a little slow however, but it might be okay. I guess its a case of try it and find out unless someone here who has the games can say any different.

I will note that the "Playable" status just means the game runs without bugs or problems which stop the game from working. This could be at 5fps or 500fps, there is no limit to the speed unless its bloody ridiculously slow on a powerful computer.

(08-23-2012, 12:55 PM)refraction Wrote: kingdom hearts 2 might be okay, I believe dark cloud 2 runs a little slow however, but it might be okay. I guess its a case of try it and find out unless someone here who has the games can say any different.

I will note that the "Playable" status just means the game runs without bugs or problems which stop the game from working. This could be at 5fps or 500fps, there is no limit to the speed unless its bloody ridiculously slow on a powerful computer.

Do you know any laptops that have the processor you recommended (under $1000, which i don't think it will be)? If not i will just buy the Sony Vaio 14 (SVE14A15FGW) then...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834246629

there you go Smile