Will this emulator run for me?
(12-07-2013, 05:20 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: how ? I didnt understand this! How it is possible? If you increase accuracy by coding how will they effact performance? :-/

Simply consider doing a division of numbers by hand. 29 / 7 = 4. But keep adding precision by calculating the decimals after that, and you get 4,142857.. and all that detail for example is lost in previous emulator versions. That's how accuracy comes at the cost of speed.

Sponsored links

(12-07-2013, 05:37 PM)Coornio Wrote: Simply consider doing a division of numbers by hand. 29 / 7 = 4. But keep adding precision by calculating the decimals after that, and you get 4,142857.. and all that detail for example is lost in previous emulator versions. That's how accuracy comes at the cost of speed.

Thank you for explaining it. I'm horrible when it comes to things like that.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Ok thank corrnio and noob i got it.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
I think handling of integer (24/5 = 4) is not much more effort than of floats (24/5 = 4.80000). I think with accuracy something else is meant...

Higher accuracy should lead to less exceptions... Probably there are some lines like
Code:
void drawpixel(color)
  {
    switch (color)
    {
      case red:
        drawredpixel();
        break;
      case blue:
        drawbluepixel();
        break;
      case green:
        drawgreenpixel();
        break;
      default:
        exactcolor = betteraskagain();
        drawpixel(exactcolor);
        break;
    }
    return;
  }

betteraskagain() can be quite demanding. And you have to redo the whole function again. If you are precise than this case will never be chosen by your program and you have a better performance....

Probably bad example.. but still I hope it points out what I think about accuracy...