Will this give me full frames?
new RAM + GTX260 + no sound = 30FPS

Sponsored links

Obviously. Everyone in this thread told you your main problem was your CPU and you changed everything but that.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-19-2010, 07:48 PM)Bositman Wrote: Obviously. Everyone in this thread told you your main problem was your CPU and you changed everything but that.

i mean its an improvement from before
menu runs at full speed, and ingame its actually playable.

before i had about 40FPS at menu, and 18-24FPS in game
i guess it is a rather ***** improvement ><

you were saying the 6600 @510MHz core was enough for the emulator..but im getting better performance from a GPU upgrade...

if i buy this 6000+, will i be able to use the heatstink from my 3800+ ?
i have no job, but im finding other creative ways to build up a few bucks on paypal acc.
Yeah that depends on the internal resolution you have set. Of course a GPU upgrade gives you more FPS, but a CPU upgrade would yield a much higher increase in FPS. The heatsink should fit since it's the same socket, but no idea if it will be enough for the extra heat the new processor will generate
(03-19-2010, 08:24 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah that depends on the internal resolution you have set. Of course a GPU upgrade gives you more FPS, but a CPU upgrade would yield a much higher increase in FPS. The heatsink should fit since it's the same socket, but no idea if it will be enough for the extra heat the new processor will generate

what if my screen resolution is smaller than my internal resolution??
when the 6600 i wanted to see if GPU was a bottleneck and how much, so i set the resolution to the smallest possible, and absolutely no change..um i think i set the internal res to Native

as for the xtra heat, i have alot of fans in the case, and in addition to that, i have a table fan i can use. GPU temp actually goes down when table fan is on

buying RAM before CPU was stupid, i know.
at that moment, i tried upgrading to win7 and i needed 2GB, and also i've been looking forward to faster RAM for awhile now...

if i am playing at 30 FPS, then that means im pretty much at half speed?

1 more thing. can you recommend a configuration that would give best FPS? (speed hacks, etc)
i tried messing around with it quite a good bit, but i was hoping someone had figured out a pretty good and stable setting
Yeah, 30 FPS means half speed.

With your current kind of setup changing the various setings (speedhacks, etc) won't do you any good, though.

You need a better CPU. There are no other shortcuts.
Yes 30 fps is half speed if we're talking about a NTSC/JAP game.
Screen resolution has no effect on speed, only internal resolution. Also the 2 are not connected in any way so you can set both to whatever you want
Best configuration vastly depends on the game you are running each time..