Will this handle PCSX2?
Will this handle it
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a...gnorebbr=1 
I be playing Socom 1,Socom 2,3 Combine Assault,
Will the voice commands microphone work with pcsx2?

I tried putting on laptop and very slow If Increase the RAM will it work better?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

The specs look like they'll be able to run it fine, but i would go with intel over AMD. I'd also probably go with 16 GB ram instead of 8.
(08-18-2018, 05:59 AM)mr.nutcase Wrote: Will this handle it
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a...6883795902&ignorebbr=1 
I be playing Socom 1,Socom 2,3 Combine Assault,
expect a few slowdowns, and don't push internal res too high, but yes, it should work
Quote:Will the voice commands microphone work with pcsx2?
I don't think so
Quote:I tried putting on laptop and very slow If Increase the RAM will it work better?
No. RAM isn't a determining factor in PS2 emulation
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The Ryzen 5 1400 should handle a lot of games at default clocks fairly well. For the more demanding titles if you overclock the CPU you should get even better results. The GPU RX 560 is not ideal for PCSX2 since AMD does not support OpenGL as well as it should, but there should be enough extra processing power in that card to hopefully cancel out the performance penalty that AMD cards are known to have. You might not be able to enhance as far on the OpenGL backend as someone with a similar powered Nvidia card and get the same performance.

The Socom series does not appear to be extensively tested on the wiki as much as some other series so I can not say for certain how well they will specifically perform or if issues will pop up.
here is a thread with a purposed way to get the microphone working... don't know how well.
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Socom-US...et-Working

The laptop is another story and the CPU is way too weak to be viable for hardly any games (if any at all). Adding RAM might speed up the integrated GPU but will not really help the performance in PCSX2 since PCSX2 is not really ram dependent.

Quick edit: As far as most modern emulators go 8GB of ram is more then enough to be fine. The exception to this rule is CEMU which can use stupidly high amounts. RCPS3 can get away with 4GB and honestly Dolphin and PCSX2 can survive with far far less, though Windows itself is more of a concern at really little RAM amounts. 8GB is a fine medium amount and if you need it for some AAA games, cemu, or another specific reason then go to 16GB+ as needed, but until Ram prices get as cheep as they used to be I wont recommend getting a lot more ram then you actually need.
(08-18-2018, 07:24 AM)TkSilver Wrote: For the more demanding titles if you overclock the CPU you should get even better results.
overclocking a laptop CPU ??? Blink
do what you want, but i personnally wouldn't recommand it
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-18-2018, 07:36 AM)jesalvein Wrote: overclocking a laptop CPU ??? Blink
do what you want, but i personnally wouldn't recommand it

No the Ryzen r5 1400.  Even if the Pentium 2020m could be overclocked (and I don't usually recommend overclocking laptop or sff parts either) it wouldn't make enough of a difference to be useful anyways.
SOCOM hits my rig hard enough that even I drop below 60fps at times when running above 2x native.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Is this decent?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a...5966NR6173
The i5 3470 is out of the box faster then the Ryzen in single threaded workloads (which is important in emultion), but with a decent overclock on the Ryzen 1400 it can be faster. Is the extra performance you can get out of the Ryzen worth basically the cost you are paying for the i5 (or really close to the cost at least)? That is really up to you.

On the GPU side the RX560 is a much much much better card then the GT 1030. Even if it was the cutdown version of the RX560 (which it is not) you are still looking at between 60% to 100% performance increase with the RX560 in native PC gaming. The DDR4 version of the 1030 would perform much worse (luckily this is not that horrible card). As far as PCSX2 goes in OpenGL... it would be closer in performance but the raw performance of the RX560 should make up for the lously OpenGL support from AMD. Again whether or not this difference is worth $231 more over the $268 i5\gt1030 is up to you.

Basically both computers are decent. Neither will play every PS2 game that PCSX2 can run at 4x locked 60fps. You will have to make compromises in enhancements on both computers and some games will not run well on both systems. If you overclock the Ryzen\RX560 pc and stick to the DirectX 11 backend unless you need to run OpenGL to fix a specific game (there are some that need OpenGL or software to look "right") then it should run more games and at better settings then the i5\gt1030 pc. Is it nearly twice as good... no. So is it worth nearly twice the price.... that is what you will habe to answer for yourself.
TK.. What type of OC's are you seeing on ryzens? I'm seeing folks max out at 4.1/4.2. That should put its stp in roughly the 2150-2200 range..

My TR is supposedly in the top 2% binned.. and I max out at 4.1.. and that is really pushing the cooling capability in my case with the enermax. (2100 at 4.0)
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case