Will we see a 1.8 stable soon?
So it's been almost exactly 4 years since 1.6 stable got released with 1.4 version 4 years before that. 

There's been so much work and improvements done to PCSX2 code that it really feels like an entirely different thing from 1.6. We keep on seeing a lot of support responses that boil down to 'update to latest dev version'. So are there any plans to release a 1.8 stable version anytime soon so that everyone is at least at the same level?

Sponsored links

there are, yes.
probably a useless thing if you ask me, but many users will look for "stable", thinking it means "better".
so... it'll be done. one day
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well yeah, has it ever been 'stable', really? Thinking bout it 1.6 to 1.8 will cause a huuuuuuuuuuuuge mess with savestates not being compatible, cause of course bunch of people will not read the big fat red warning about it... But i'm tired of seeing 1.6 emulogs for 4 years now Smile
You're welcome to get the nightly version, it's not far off what you'll get for the next release anyways
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-06-2024, 09:30 PM)refraction Wrote: You're welcome to get the nightly version, it's not far off what you'll get for the next release anyways

I've not been behind dev releases by more than a month or so for at least a decade. Ironically, I barely ever actually play ps2 games but it's fun to keep up the updates and be on support forum.

My question was primarily around there being an 1.8 or will it switch to 'permanent' in-development model as many CI projects have done, since 1.6 is still the 'official' release and it's not quite obvious for many folks that 1.7-dev got 4 years of further development and improvements.
(03-06-2024, 10:33 PM)MrWizard Wrote: since 1.6 is still the 'official' release and it's not quite obvious for many folks that 1.7-dev got 4 years of further development and improvements.
yes and no.
donwload has been disabled from website
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-06-2024, 10:43 PM)jesalvein Wrote: download has been disabled from website
I can still download latest 1.6 under from the 'stable releases' button, even without enabling older versions. There is a banner there that suggests installing latest dev at least.

Thanks for answering my curiosity.