Win 10-crashing after enumerating plugins
Win 10 64 bit.  3770k GTX 960 16 GB RAM
Unsure what is going on here. 

I was able to run the emulator with no issue 5-6 months ago. I wanted to play some PS2 games and can't get it to work.
Here is what happens.

I download the emulator. I put the bios where it needs to be. 

I then run the emulator. It gets to the point where it asks me to pick language then I hit next. It says enumerating plugins. But then it seems to crash right after that. I never get to the plugin selection screen nothing happens. Tried installing it uninstalling etc with same results. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Sponsored links

Can you show us the error?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-21-2016, 06:48 PM)refraction Wrote: Can you show us the error?

That is the issue. I am not getting an error message or anything. It is just crashing. 

I will see if I can find a way to record a small video of my screen and upload what happens to my youtube account so maybe someone can see what I am doing wrong.
Here is a video of what is happening. Sorry for music and watermark on video. I didn't have any other apps to do this Smile

https://youtu.be/nAUpd-2bip4
It appears you have malware
Rename the plugins directory to something like plugins_ and try running pcsx2 again
If it's not crashing again,then you must find which plugin is responsible for this(removing all=>testing=>restoring one=>testing=>....until it crashes)

I would leave only those,remove the rest and try
FWnull.dll
GSdx32-AVX2.dll
LilyPad.dll
SPU2-X.dll
USBnull.dll

DEV9null.dll

One other thing you could try(if that don't work)is to open regedit(type it in the start menu),the go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PCSX2 and if you don't see RunWizard on the right side,create a new dword value with RunWizard for a name and 0 for a value and try running pcsx2 again
(05-21-2016, 11:35 PM)bomblord Wrote: It appears you have malware

Seriously? How can you tell?
Maybe by looking at the lower right in the video
(05-22-2016, 12:10 AM)vsub Wrote: Rename the plugins directory to something like plugins_ and try running pcsx2 again
If it's not crashing again,then you must find which plugin is responsible for this(removing all=>testing=>restoring one=>testing=>....until it crashes)

I would leave only those,remove the rest and try
FWnull.dll
GSdx32-AVX2.dll
LilyPad.dll
SPU2-X.dll
USBnull.dll

DEV9null.dll

One other thing you could try(if that don't work)is to open regedit(type it in the start menu),the go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PCSX2 and if you don't see RunWizard on the right side,create a new dword value with RunWizard for a name and 0 for a value and try running pcsx2 again

Weirdest thing ever. I renamed the folder plugins_ and I got to where I could configure plugins but none of them were showing up. But it didn't crash the system. I deleted all of those ones you said and went back to old name and still crashed. 

I went to regedit and under users/software. I coudln't find a PCSX option. Any idea where it would be ? Maybe that would fix it.

Going to try to grab my laptop and see what happens if I try it on there.This is just bizarre. I ran this emulator 6-8 months ago with no issues. 
Try running pcsx2 as administrator...something happens when pcsx2 tries to load the plugins(it can also be some external software that is making pcsx2 to crash)