Win 7 - framerate problem
Hello everybody,
here is my problem: I recently upgraded my OS from XP to Windows 7 32bit and the thing is: my framerate is actually lower (about 10 %) than it was in Windows XP+DX9 (it`s even slower than using DX9+Windows 7). The game is Metal Gear Solid 3 (I tried different combinations of speedhacks, turning off Aero, etc. but nothing helps).
CPU: E6550 @ 2,9 GHz
GPU: Radeon HD3850 (+latest drivers)

Thanks in advance. Smile

Sponsored links

are you sure your GPU is dx10 capable ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well, DX10 gives me about a 5 and sometimes up to 10-12fps increase over DX9 with MGS3. (No hacks)
This is with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Just a thought; Are you using 1gb of system RAM? If so, and "etc." didn't incluse closing every unnecessary program/process, maybe you're shorting PCSX2 on RAM.

I know this may be very unlikely, but I'm puzzled otherwise.... Smile
(05-08-2010, 11:02 AM)jesalvein Wrote: are you sure your GPU is dx10 capable ?

Just checked. Yes it is.
You installed an OS over another OS by upgrading? That'd be mistake #1 in my book. Page 123. XP with the DX11 fix can't be beat.
Rezard: I have 2 GB of RAM. I reinstalled Win 7 yesterday just to prove it isn`t fault of some other "garbage" running in the background (with no effect).
kickstand: It`s installed (not upgraded) on the separate partition (sorry for misinformation).
EDIT:I tried it just now (in the exactly same spot - when it loads the savegame in Dremuchij South) and FPS are:
Win XP (DX 9): 60 fps
Win 7 (DX 9): 54 fps
Win 7 (DX 10): 50 fps
There's a lot of reasons why something like this could happen, make sure all drivers are up to date, try the latest pcsx2 beta and beta plugins, try disabling Aero, try using "high performance" in power profiles.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64