Win7 - GS plugin failed to open/initialize
---------------------------
Pcsx2 Msg
An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occurred, with the message:

The GS plugin failed to open/initialize.

Pcsx2 will now close. More details may be available via the emuLog.txt file.

I've been trying everything, I have gone through the configuration instructions, tried different things, and nothing seems to work, i even created a WinXP virtual PC so I could follow the direct X link and installed everything on there and still get the same error.

------emulog--------
PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 5
x86Family = Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz
CPU speed = 1.597 Ghz
Cores = 8 physical [8 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0098e3fd
x86EFlags = 28100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Detected SSE4.1
Hotkeys:
F1 - save state
(Shift +) F2 - cycle states
F3 - load state
CDVD Plugin CDVDbin.dll: Version 3 != 5
CDVD Plugin CDVDiso.dll: Version 3 != 5
CDVD Plugin CDVDnull.dll: Version 3 != 5
Plugin load failure: plugins\GSsoftdx.dll
SysLibError Message: <NULL>
SPU2 Plugin SPU2null.dll: Version 4 != 5
Plugin load failure: plugins\ZeroGS.dll
Resetting...
Ready

Sponsored links

(02-24-2010, 03:41 AM)ManaBarbie Wrote: ---------------------------
Pcsx2 Msg
An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occurred, with the message:

The GS plugin failed to open/initialize.

Pcsx2 will now close. More details may be available via the emuLog.txt file.

I've been trying everything, I have gone through the configuration instructions, tried different things, and nothing seems to work, i even created a WinXP virtual PC so I could follow the direct X link and installed everything on there and still get the same error.

------emulog--------
PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 5
x86Family = Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz
CPU speed = 1.597 Ghz
Cores = 8 physical [8 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0098e3fd
x86EFlags = 28100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Detected SSE4.1
Hotkeys:
F1 - save state
(Shift +) F2 - cycle states
F3 - load state
CDVD Plugin CDVDbin.dll: Version 3 != 5
CDVD Plugin CDVDiso.dll: Version 3 != 5
CDVD Plugin CDVDnull.dll: Version 3 != 5
Plugin load failure: plugins\GSsoftdx.dll
SPU2 Plugin SPU2null.dll: Version 4 != 5
Plugin load failure: plugins\ZeroGS.dll
Resetting...
Ready
What version of windows 7 are you running? i have Home premium 64-bit and this is the configuration i use:

GSdx 890(SSE2 version)
Resolution: windowed mode
Direct3d10 (Hardware)
Native D3D Res
everything else is either unchecked or blurred out.
(02-24-2010, 03:47 AM)legacycf Wrote: What version of windows 7 are you running? i have Home premium 64-bit and this is the configuration i use:

GSdx 890(SSE2 version)
Resolution: windowed mode
Direct3d10 (Hardware)
Native D3D Res
everything else is either unchecked or blurred out.

I have win 7 64 professional, 1 gig nvidia GeForce GT graphics card, 4 mb ram. I have direct X 10 and it asks me to upgrade it ><. I've tried giving admin rights, I've tried running in win xp mode, not sure where else to go now.

But i've tried on windows xp also, with directex 9.0c and it's still the same errors.

The thing is, if you look at the log, it says there are errors with GSsoftdx.dll and ZeroGS.dll. i'm assuming this is where my problem is, i get those errors on first run of the program when it pops up and says I need to configure it. So those just aren't working and I don't know how to fix it. I've tried replacing the files with no luck.

The version of pcsx2 i'm using is 0.9.6.

Does anyone think it could be my graphics card is just too new?
When you are asked to upgrade, you don't even want to try and upgrade? It is not like its gonna to hurt you in any way. It is really just that simple.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
Quote:The thing is, if you look at the log, it says there are errors with GSsoftdx.dll and ZeroGS.dll. i'm assuming this is where my problem is, i get those errors on first run of the program when it pops up and says I need to configure it. So those just aren't working and I don't know how to fix it. I've tried replacing the files with no luck.
That's what you get for downloading the emulator from sites other than the official. You have outdated, buggy plugins that are known to cause problems.
Download the 0.9.6 release from our site and delete the archive you downloaded from place X.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-24-2010, 08:37 AM)Bositman Wrote: That's what you get for downloading the emulator from sites other than the official. You have outdated, buggy plugins that are known to cause problems.
Download the 0.9.6 release from our site and delete the archive you downloaded from place X.

Haha... I actually did download it first from another site after googling ps2 emulators. But then I did download it again from this site and I must have downloaded the wrong thing, the binaries i believe, not the installer. SOOOOOOO, I downloaded it again, the MSI Installer..... BTW, the design of your downloads page needs work, it's confusing as to what download belongs to what, I accidentally downloaded the linux thinking it was windows, and I'm not a noob web user (i'm a software engineer), yes, I'm a girl, and I do have my blonde moments, but those download pages need a redesign.

Anyways, it works now, thanks, I'm off to replay all my ff's Laugh

~Emily
Quote:BTW, the design of your downloads page needs work, it's confusing as to what download belongs to what
I know, I've said it myself, they ignored me Tongue

Quote:yes, I'm a girl
Bad move there, that will attract quite some no life stalkers Tongue
I have the same problem but I downloaded the setup from pcsx2 website. It says for me to update my DirectX . I already have DX11. This is what shows up after: [Image: 1564.jpg]

I'm using the GSdx 890 SSE41 (0.1.14)
Windowed
Direct3D 10 (Hardware)
Interlacing none
4:3
the rest is default.

:\

My specs:

Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz
gForce 9800 GTX+
4gb RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64
Oh wait I've already answered that. Seems more people think they're smarter than the program.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031-post...l#pid98991 (it refers to the DirectX updater: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...6652CD92A3&displaylang=en)
Ok, well, I don't think I'm smarter than the program. I just didn't know I would have to install a DX9 version even having DX11. I didn't know that. And I missed where you said that, because I only saw this thread pertaining to this problem. For that, I am sorry. But your offensive tone is uncalled for. I wasn't offensive in any way to you or anyone. Sad

Thanks for the answer, anyway.