Windows 10 Compatibility & Speed...
Exclamation 
I have Windows 10 Home x64. I read where others noticed a huge decrease in speed when running on Windows 10 compared to Windows 8 or 7. I only used Windows 10 and the Emulator was really slow. It barely ran any of my games that was posted as compatible. My notebook was purchased with top notch hardware in it, above what is recommended on your forum posting and it still ran so slow that it was not worth using. Using the actual system is much better than using an emulator, if at all possible! Or finding a PC Edition of the game, which I did. Just thought that I would give the results of what went on with my high dollar, high end hardware, notebook. I have 1 of the very few notebooks out there with my hardware specifications in it, factory installed...

Regards Excl Sad

Sponsored links

make sure window 10 is set to max power for power scheme it was probably reset with update, win10 performance is identical to win 7 emulation wise on my end
Haven't noticed any issues with my rig.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
If it's the one from your specs, it's an apu, nothing special really. Likely very bad cpu in it as well (2.2ghz turbo maybe? Eh)
(08-15-2015, 05:31 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: make sure window 10 is set to max power for power scheme it was probably reset with update, win10 performance is identical to win 7 emulation wise on my end

Here is an updated list of my hardware specs.:

Windows 10 x64
AMD FX-7500 & Radeon R7
10 Compute Cores - 4 CPU & 6 GPU @ 2.10 GHz
SSD
HyperX Overclocked Memory @ 16 GB

I have it set to Samsung High Performance - Customized. And Rassane, how could it be a very bad cpu? It is all Brand New. The only thing that I know is bad on it is the Track Pad.
(08-15-2015, 01:47 PM)Scott.Squibbles Wrote: AMD FX-7500 & Radeon R7

And Rassane, how could it be a very bad cpu? It is all Brand New. The only thing that I know is bad on it is the Track Pad.

New =/= powerful.

https://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD...PU&id=2375

1145 STP (single thread performance). Recommended is ~1800.
Give Saiki's guide for low power cpus a try.
Yeah sorry dude, that system is in no way powerful or above recommended specs Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

If you plan to use pcsx2 on Windows 10 set GSdx to Directx9 or OpenGL.
Direct3D 11 is currently broken on Windows 10.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

(08-16-2015, 07:10 PM)Nexxxus Wrote: If you plan to use pcsx2 on Windows 10 set GSdx to Directx9 or OpenGL.
Direct3D 11 is currently broken on Windows 10.

Thanks Nexxxus, for that helpful piece of information. Sadly to say though, it is already removed from my notebook. Hopefully, this helps others running Windows 10 that are also running into some speed issues or something! That could explain why the game was so slow and everything else was running at top notch speed. Game = avg. 29 FPS., Everything Else = 60 - 70 FPS. There is a huge difference there!!
(08-16-2015, 08:59 PM)Scott.Squibbles Wrote: Thanks Nexxxus, for that helpful piece of information. Sadly to say though, it is already removed from my notebook. Hopefully, this helps others running Windows 10 that are also running into some speed issues or something! That could explain why the game was so slow and everything else was running at top notch speed. Game = avg. 29 FPS., Everything Else = 60 - 70 FPS. There is a huge difference there!!

no, it's as refraction stated. The CPU is just too slow.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]