Windows 10 build 1709
Recently after some windows update,I notest that when I wake up the laptop,I am often disconnected and I have to try some random things to be able to connect to my wifi which for some reason,the laptop don't see.
I did not had this problem before,it appear after some windows update(recent update)but after I updated my wifi drivers,everything went back to normal.

And btw,this may be unrelated but usually when the microwave is working,I often lose connection or the internet speed goes down by a lot.

Sponsored links

(02-14-2018, 06:05 PM)teots Wrote: I need advices. I can't run pcsx2 build 2285 after update to windows 10 build 1709. Blush

After some trying I am sure that all pcsx2 cannot run with windows 10 build 1709. All softwares run fine except pcsx2.I guess Microsoft don't like emulators. Other emulators might have the same problems.
Any advise beside going back to the older version of windows 10 ?
You must've done something to really screw up your PC. I'm running Windows 10 Insider builds and running PCSX2 has never been a problem for me.
(02-17-2018, 06:54 PM)CK1 Wrote: You must've done something to really screw up your PC. I'm running Windows 10 Insider builds and running PCSX2 has never been a problem for me.

You can't say that I screw up my pc, because all my softwares work fine with win10 build 1709 except pcsx2. I'm know using older version (1511) of windows 10 with updated drivers, because I like emulators very much.
That's not the point. You may have done something to make PCSX2 alone inoperable. Any changes to VC++ runtimes?
(02-17-2018, 09:25 PM)pandubz Wrote: That's not the point. You may have done something to make PCSX2 alone inoperable. Any changes to VC++ runtimes?

No changes to vc++ runtimes. I am able to run ocsx2 with my current windows 10 build 1511. On windows 10 build 1709 I can
only open/close the program, nothing else works. My guess is it's not working only on build 1709 but I can't choose which file to update.
What exactly happens when you open it on 1709?
Use Microsoft's (M$) snipping tool to take a screenshot of the error, Teots. It beats having to manually parse an error code, where sometimes a single digit wrong can mean an entirely different error with radically different fixes offered. If you wind up with a Crash to Desktop (CtD) when you attempt to open PCSX2 use M$'s event viewer to get logs of the events occurring at the time.

https://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-w...o/lesson3/
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-co...o?id=10449

Ps to vsub: Sleep states can often screw with driver functionality. When they go dormant, sometimes they don't reactivate, or for that matter come back online in the wrong order. I found bizarrely enough that using hibernate instead of the normal sleep mode results in less problems (YMMV), but you can also alter Power Settings under the Control Panel. Go to change advanced power settings, drop down to Wireless Adapter Setting, set Power Saving Mode to maximum performance, if you use a Usb wifi dongle you also need to go down to USB settings and change to USB Selective Suspend to disabled.
As far the Microwave problem goes, if yours is in close enough proximity to the line-of-sight between your access point and your laptop to create interference-- you need to switch your computer's wifi to the 5Ghz band.
i don't really get it why your pcsx2 can't run on your current OS and now the build-in wifi start malfunctioning....my kaby lake is at 1709 upgraded from legal DVD copy of win10 1703
and my haswell PC is at 1709 too and was upgraded from legal DVD copy of win8....both of my rigs have no problems of running the newest build of pcsx2 and both of my rigs is "custom build" and not a factory build brands.

as far i know to focus on is the motherboard...perhaps "mobo driver".
or perhaps due to factory build PCs EoL e.g. my very old branded laptop "HP" can't update my win7 via windows update...it gives me a "divine error" while booting.

*is your PC is factory build and if so what brand?
*is your win10 is legit copy?
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(02-18-2018, 12:10 AM)CK1 Wrote: What exactly happens when you open it on 1709?
My pcsx can open/close but the menus does not respond.
(02-18-2018, 01:09 AM)Sigma0004 Wrote: Use Microsoft's (M$) snipping tool to take a screenshot of the error, Teots. It beats having to manually parse an error code, where sometimes a single digit wrong can mean an entirely different error with radically different fixes offered. If you wind up with a Crash to Desktop (CtD) when you attempt to open PCSX2 use M$'s event viewer to get logs of the events occurring at the time.

https://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-w...o/lesson3/
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-co...o?id=10449

Ps to vsub: Sleep states can often screw with driver functionality. When they go dormant, sometimes they don't reactivate, or for that matter come back online in the wrong order. I found bizarrely enough that using hibernate instead of the normal sleep mode results in less problems (YMMV), but you can also alter Power Settings under the Control Panel. Go to change advanced power settings, drop down to Wireless Adapter Setting, set Power Saving Mode to maximum performance, if you use a Usb wifi dongle you also need to go down to USB settings and change to USB Selective Suspend to disabled.
As far the Microwave problem goes, if yours is in close enough proximity to the line-of-sight between your access point and your laptop to create interference-- you need to switch your computer's wifi to the 5Ghz band.
I can't show you any errors because I downgraded to older version (1511)of windows 10 that work with pcsx2.
(02-18-2018, 01:48 AM)smartstrike Wrote: i don't really get it why your pcsx2 can't run on your current OS and now the build-in wifi start malfunctioning....my kaby lake is at 1709 upgraded from legal DVD copy of win10 1703
and my haswell PC is at 1709 too and was upgraded from legal DVD copy of win8....both of my rigs have no problems of running the newest build of pcsx2 and both of my rigs is "custom build" and not a factory build brands.

as far i know to focus on is the motherboard...perhaps "mobo driver".
or perhaps due to factory build PCs EoL e.g. my very old branded laptop "HP" can't update my win7 via windows update...it gives me a "divine error" while booting.

*is your PC is factory build and if so what brand?
*is your win10 is legit copy?
My pc is factory built (Lenovo), win10 is legit copy.