Windows 7 Error (yes, I did a search)
I searched the forums but was unable to find an answer to my problem.

It seems that pcsx2 doesn't like DX11. Umm...any ideas on how to fix that?

I get the following two errors and nothing seems to run...I'm running Windows 7 64.

Anyone had any luck with DX11?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

What video card are you using?
Also, try updating your DX.
update my dx past dx 11???

and it's an 8800 GTX
uh, did you try updating directx? in the first screen click "yes" to go to the microsoft site and download the program to update, if that fails just search "directx runtime march 2009" on google.

DirectX9 Directx10 and Directx11 are different things, both DX9 and DX10 have been having updates almost bi-monthly for a while so just try to update it Tongue
(06-07-2009, 07:23 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: uh, did you try updating directx? in the first screen click "yes" to go to the microsoft site and download the program to update, if that fails just search "directx runtime march 2009" on google.

DirectX9 Directx10 and Directx11 are different things, both DX9 and DX10 have been having updates almost bi-monthly for a while so just try to update it Tongue

Have the same problem,

Using Windows 7 RC, tried to download "directx runtime march 2009" from Microsoft but installation failed.
so you did a search? and you still missed the most popular question of this forum: "update directx? but i already got dx10/11/..."? i'm getting the impression that the phrase "please update your directx" of the hint window is too polite... too many seem to interpret it as a recommendation rather than a neccessity.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(06-07-2009, 10:40 AM)zero29 Wrote: i'm getting the impression that the phrase "please update your directx" of the hint window is too polite...
no it's misleading. When you have directx 11, you expect to have latest version, without the need of updating.
Imagine it like this.
You have a product called "DirectX".It has it's "sub-products" called DirectX 11,10 and 9 (as a part of "DirectX")
Microsoft is doing "patches (new versions)" for this product called "DirectX", they are not naming them DirectX v1.1, v1.2 or anything like that.When you download the "patch" (new version) through the web-updater or by getting the whole redist package you are getting the latest version of "DirectX".If you didn't forget it already, this "DirectX" you are updating contains ALL of the subversions, it's just a thing of the OS if it will install the DX9, 10, 11 parts.

So it would be best if you could forget that there even is a DX9,10,11 because they are "not separate"....and just update the f-ing "DirectX".

There is nothing misleading in it.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
Can anyone see DX11,10 or 9 there?It's simply DirectX.It has everything, but not all OSs can use every part of it.
[Image: sysp-93326.png]
Right now your Direct X 11 is useless as there are no DX11 graphic cards yet. However right now the DX10 part of DX11 is outdated because MS updated it later. It's a common misconception that people think that because the Direct X version they are using is one version above they don't need updates for the older versions which you do. So despite have DX11 you still need updates for DX9 and 10.
i also had some problems with win7, but running pcsx2 as admin solved them...