(Windows 7 + Noob Question) No Directx 10 option in GSDX?
Hey guys. I'm new here, and to emulators, and I've come across a bit of a problem while trying to get Burnout 3 to emulate properly. As per (what is apparently) usual, Burnout 3 seems to run best in Direct X 10. Unfortunately, even though I have a full install of PCSX2, GSDX doesn't detect my PC as being Direct X 10 compatible. I have an AMD Radeon HD 6770 and I know for a fact that my computer is Direct X 10 Compatible. Could anyone shine a light on why I may be having this problem? I've searched for a while and it seems all people with this problem have had Vista.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Sponsored links

Does DX11 show up? If so use that it's the same thing in all but name.
(08-09-2012, 08:47 PM)Trotterwatch Wrote: Does DX11 show up? If so use that it's the same thing in all but name.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Yea, it does show up. Congratulations, you've made me feel stupid lol. Anyways, when I try to use this option, however, PCSX freezes upon launch of any title.

Thanks once again!

Another Issue: On Hardware rendering options (DX9 Hardware Version) I get artifacts on certain reflective services in Burnout. Any idea of a remedy for this as well?
Not too sure about why it is freezing, are you running a desktop or a laptop? Just wondering if there is not a case of the emulator is trying to use integrated graphics instead of your ATI card. If you aren't already on the latest PCSX2 give that a go, version 1.00 was released a few days back.

For Burnout 3 I seem to recall it used to need the Skipdraw hack in GDSX to be set to something like 3 in order for the glitches to go (it's in the hacks section). Somebody else with better knowledge will no doubt correct me Smile
(08-09-2012, 09:56 PM)Trotterwatch Wrote: Not too sure about why it is freezing, are you running a desktop or a laptop? Just wondering if there is not a case of the emulator is trying to use integrated graphics instead of your ATI card. If you aren't already on the latest PCSX2 give that a go, version 1.00 was released a few days back.

For Burnout 3 I seem to recall it used to need the Skipdraw hack in GDSX to be set to something like 3 in order for the glitches to go (it's in the hacks section). Somebody else with better knowledge will no doubt correct me Smile

Thanks for being a very welcoming community guys! I'm running a desktop, hence the HD 6770 not being mobility, but otherwise I don't see any serious reasons to cause a crash on launch. Upgraded to PCSX2 1.00 just a bit ago, same problem.

As for running in DirectX 9, still getting those artifacts. I wish something could go my way for once!
(EDIT: People saying it may be an AMD specific problem. I've waited to play this game for quite a while, and once again something comes in my way. Heck, I'd go out and buy an Nvidia GPU JUST to play this and Burnout Revenge!)

Thanks!
I have a HD 5770 and most of my games run fine so I'm not sure if it's an AMD specific problem. Although it could be your card. Have you tried other games?
Just asking, does anyone know why PCSX2 would be crashing upon boot of a game when I select Directx 10? I'm going to give the DirectX web installer a go soon...

Thanks Everyone.
It could be your directX is not up to date or some faulty video card drivers.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hey guys, problemS resolved. A Grand Theft Auto 4 setup made my DirectX faulty/ invalid, and a simple re-install using the web setup fixed that.

DirectX 10 did not fix the tinted windows, however, starting in software Mode then switching to hardware before gameplay fixes this glitch. Afterwards, I had a white sky, but this glitch was remedied by starting a race in software mode. After saving a main menu state with both these fixes, the game runs flawlessly with no glitches even after a re-boot of the computer.

Thanks to all who helped, and the awesome search function of this forum!
Quote:" Hey guys, problemS resolved. A Grand Theft Auto 4 setup made my DirectX faulty/ invalid, and a simple re-install using the web setup fixed that."
no it didn't.
the directx redist supplied with games is configured by microsoft to only add files not already present on the system.