Windows Speech Recognition (WSR) as Input?
Hi! I'm new here.

I'm disabled, so I can only use the analog sticks. As per the title, can WSR be used as input for the other buttons?

I only want to play turn-based RPGs like FF12.

Sponsored links

In DS4WIndows and maybe other software, there is a shift option that can make the any input -like analog sticks - do different things.

For example, you can map it so that you can use the analog stick normally, but when you press down the right stick (R3) and tilt the stick to the right, the circle button is pressed, and if you tilt up while pressing it, the triangle button is pressed, and so on.

I think this way is better than speech, but I never tested it and don't know if it even works, but you can give it a try.
Also if you set WSR to output keypresses and then map those in lilypad, that would work.

Also you could simply map right stick as shapes, without any modifier.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Quote:Also you could simply map right stick as shapes, without any modifier.

He won't be able to use the sticks if he did that.
(01-10-2015, 03:12 PM)K.F Wrote: In DS4WIndows and maybe other software, there is a shift option that can make the any input -like analog sticks - do different things.

For example, you can map it so that you can use the analog stick normally, but when you press down the right stick (R3) and tilt the stick to the right, the circle button is pressed, and if you tilt up while pressing it, the triangle button is pressed, and so on.

I think this way is better than speech, but I never tested it and don't know if it even works, but you can give it a try.

I only have a cheap pc gamepad.

(01-11-2015, 12:07 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Also if you set WSR to output keypresses and then map those in lilypad, that would work.

Also you could simply map right stick as shapes, without any modifier.

That's the problem. I done that and nothing happened. I think it must be something to do with the type of keyboard input.

As for the config; I use the gamepad vertically on my left, left stick is for movements. For FF12, I only need to center the camera (l3), so the right stick is for the d-pad. On my right, I got a Logitech 2-button trackball, so 2 shapes covered.
Try x360ce, it supports thousands of pads:

http://www.x360ce.com/default.aspx

It has tons of features, but I haven't used it, so I'm not sure it has modifiers, but you can ask about it here:

http://ngemu.com/forums/x360ce.140/