Windows Vista update problems
(06-26-2010, 04:56 AM)CKL Wrote: I have set mine to "check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them", so it asks me when there is an update. It will start updating only if I make two extra clicks. After finishing updating, it will ask me to reset right away or after some period of time ranging from 1 min to 4 hours. I don't think this is a Vista problem, but rather a "not-making-the-suitable-choice-for-yourself" problem.

that has nothing to do with UAC....
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest

Sponsored links

It would depend on your specs.
for example, if you have a Core2Duo then there are only 2 cores,they're being used by the emulator and the installation of the updates, not to mention the background processes.
on the other hand if you a Core2Quad the emulator's only using 2 of the cores, and the 2 remaining are doing everything else in the background.
( I'm sure it doesn't happen exactly like that, I'm just giving a simple example )
(06-26-2010, 06:15 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote:
(06-26-2010, 04:56 AM)CKL Wrote: I have set mine to "check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them", so it asks me when there is an update. It will start updating only if I make two extra clicks. After finishing updating, it will ask me to reset right away or after some period of time ranging from 1 min to 4 hours. I don't think this is a Vista problem, but rather a "not-making-the-suitable-choice-for-yourself" problem.

that has nothing to do with UAC....

That has something to do with the first few replies.

For the UAC matter, I've never had it on, and I've never had the message telling me its off and such(not the pop-up type of message anyway).
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit