Windows Vista64 - Installer Issues
bigfoot29, there is 0 problems running the installer in vista or win7 (wich is vista 1.5 basically) the only thing you are complaining about, is the fact that you have to right-click on the pcsx2 folder and go to properties, select the compatibilities tab, then click on run as admin.... once!
really, talk about being lazy, you are doing more work arguing about something that isnt going to get changed then it would for you to fix it yourself.
and an esier way to install it, dont install it in program files folder, you should always have a seperate drive from your windows folder. as in c:/ is windows and programs, while d:/ is for everything else. ive found out from hard ways what happens if you just use 1 drive for everything. just make a like 20-40gig partition for windows.

anyways tl;dr quit complaining about something that takes 5 seconds to fix user end, but would take a lot longer programmers end.
[Image: 1816969.png]

Sponsored links

Known problem. As in, we knew about it when we released the installer. It's covered by the FAQs, in fact.

Someday in the future I might be bothered enough to implement a fix for this, which would basically mean having the installer configure the .exe to use the user home folders for local storage of inis, screenshots, saves, etc.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Air: Thanks for clearifying that. Actually thats all what I wanted to achive with that.
I can't find it neither in the FAQ here nor in the (german) guide(s). But maybe I am blind on that. ^^

anorexic: I know that its easy to fix by clicking every time "run as admin" every time I want to modify something. But there might be folks out there that just want to have a application run right from the start. - Which it doesn't for 2 clean Windows Vista x64 Buisness installations.

Air: Are you distributing just the files from the stand alone archive as msi package? Then maybe I can devote some time into that... (if I don't need to compile)

Regards, Bigfoot29
(03-31-2009, 10:11 AM)bigfoot29 Wrote:
(03-31-2009, 08:02 AM)anorexic Wrote:
I know that its easy to fix by clicking every time "run as admin" every time I want to modify something. But there might be folks out there that just want to have a application run right from the start. - Which it doesn't for 2 clean Windows Vista x64 Buisness installations.
umm he meant go into the programs properties and enable "run this program as an administrator" in the compatibility tab. Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Thanks LuisR14.

That works when going to the program files directory. It does not work in the start menu. Smile
But yea, thats a permanent solution until the installer is kinda "fixed".

Regards, Bigfoot29
Personally, I would rather have PCSX2 keep all it's configuration files within the program directory, wherever that may be. If it happens to be in the Program Files folder and requires administrative escalation to write in it (as it should) then so be it, that's the user's choice. I consider the ability to copy and paste the program folder to anywhere I want a massive plus, links out of the folder get broken when done Microsoft's way.

Microsoft may want everyone to store configuration files in a folder buried god knows where, but I don't want that particular brand of kool-aid. If you do implement a version of the installer that uses it, please provide an option to keep the old installer behavior. I really don't want to have to fork it every time I want an actual installer rather than source builds Sad
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi