Windows XP support v3
Hi, i was reading this thread

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Windows-XP-support-v2

And because is outdated, i decide to create  a new one, and ask some info too

PCSX2 "support"  XP until last SVN,   at least the last one i try was 3352, i think is latest of today.  I write "support" because the svn dont start in windows, because have a vista+ flag

The trick is to change the subsystem to 05 that is 2000/XP, is located in the HEX address 170,  change 06 to 05

The SPU is not working, need to chyange to the XP SPU here

https://pcsx2.net/download/category/41-win-plugins.html

the video plugins are not working too,  the latest that work for me are from SVN 889

https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index....indows-x86

[Image: pcsx2.png]

Here just for XP users that have new hardware to test new builds of plugins or VS2017 to compile and test

Quote:My question is if someone knows if SVN 892+ plugins are not working because some incompatible XP code, or they not work because my hardware i test, i have a laptop with intel integrated graphic GMA x4500 and a desktop with ATI 4350... not most powerful ones

I think must be some change in code, not just my hardware, but if another XP users are here, can confirm will be great. I check github, and i only found this 2 commits before the plugins stop working in XP

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commits/f...f8865+2400

Merge pull request #1398 from FlatOutPS2/PS1
[Image: 10976277?s=60&v=4]
turtleli committed Jun 13, 2016

Merge pull request #1384 from ssakash/gsdx-default-renderer
[Image: 10976277?s=60&v=4]
turtleli committed Jun 13, 2016

1398 is about the pad plugin, then maybe is 1384.  I tried to compile in VS2010 but no luck, and 2017 or 2019 not work in XP

Anyway, if another XP users are here, please test, and if someone have a dual XP/7 and can compile dev 892 will be great

greetings

Sponsored links

XP support was dropped immediately after the release of 1.4.0. From there, code changes were made to remove old dependencies that XP needed. This is why components start failing one by one as you progress through the builds. If you want XP to work, you will need to find ways to revert those changes without breaking the rest of PCSX2, but you are on your own since XP is no longer supported.

Windows XP has been out of support since April 8th, 2014. We strongly recommend upgrading your OS to one which is receiving security updates, and not at a severe risk of compromise.
(01-20-2020, 01:04 AM)pandubz Wrote: Windows XP has been out of support since April 8th, 2014. We strongly recommend upgrading your OS to one which is receiving security updates, and not at a severe risk of compromise.

thanks for reply

I think i can use XP maybe 2, 3 or 5 years more... all depend web browsers still update, because all other sofware i use works even in 98, 2000 or NT4...   No need to update for now my XP x64 computer

Anyway, I dont play any game or emulator in my main PC, just work,  but in a dedicated PC for emulators. In this case XP 32bits is still king,  most computers running emulators in arcade machines are still build with XP, and add pcsx2 for some arcade games, like KOF94 rebout is great

About PCSX2, looking sourcecode, is pretty obvious is dropping XP code, is not about this my post, but check if the problem can be hardware related and inform to other XP users latest working version
(01-20-2020, 02:20 AM)theelf Wrote: thanks for reply

I think i can use XP maybe 2, 3 or 5 years more... all depend web browsers still update, because all other sofware i use works even in 98, 2000 or NT4...   No need to update for now my XP x64 computer

Anyway, I dont play any game or emulator in my main PC, just work,  but in a dedicated PC for emulators. In this case XP 32bits is still king,  most computers running emulators in arcade machines are still build with XP, and add pcsx2 for some arcade games, like KOF94 rebout is great

About PCSX2, looking sourcecode, is pretty obvious is dropping XP code, is not about this my post, but check if the problem can be hardware related and inform to other XP users latest working version
XP, vista, and 7 are no longer supported by Microsoft.  It's  just time for new hardware
(01-20-2020, 02:20 AM)theelf Wrote: thanks for reply

Well if that PC has internet, you are mostly a security risk for everyone since sooner or later you'll become some kind of zombie for a botnet, but if you believe that's ok, keep using it Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
It seems microsoft brainwash is strong everywhere! I don't blame them, is a good business. I will do too if i will get good money Biggrin
If you think a 10 year old OS with no security updates being a security risk is brainwashed info, you should also stop driving cars with airbags Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
XP is basically 20 years old by now actually.
Said this, there's no *hard* reason these components shouldn't work (with the exception of the geforce 7300, which only has dx9 of workable)

They are all feature level 10_0 or 10_1 cards.. Which I think is still supported in the dx11 renderer?
You just need to update to 7 (or, hell, even 10.. but unless you have an SSD you are gonna have a pretty bad time)

Otherwise, it's not like it should be impossible to revive XP support directly, at least for opengl (which is only workable on the 8600GT but still)
But you are on your own with patching it back.
DirectX10 is not exactly supported on Windows XP either. There is a hacky way around getting DirectX10 on XP, but we are talking hardware level API which can really mess your system up if there is malicious code in there.

As someone who has a Windows XP machine and a Win 7 one, I do understand keeping a machine with an old OS because there is some software that just will not run on modern OSes and Hardware. As far as emulation goes XP really is not the king it once was. It is still highly useful for XP, 98 and 95 era PC games (older ones really need a dedicated 386 machine). There are some older emulators that only run on XP, but honestly there are better alternatives out there for each of them.
this whole thread makes me laugh since i've advocated dumping support for windows 7. if you have windows 7 or 8 you can still get windows 10 for free.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/...-for-free/

windows 7 and 10 have the exact same system requirements according to microsoft. you have no excuse.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...quirements
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...quirements