Windows XP support v3
(12-19-2020, 05:57 AM)nerokrauzer Wrote: Now, for the facts, the fact is that I use Windows XP for over a decade [...]

Fallacious argument. You might as well say to me "I drove for over a decade and never got into a car accident" as an excuse not to wear a seatbelt. Personal anecdotes are non-arguments.

(12-19-2020, 05:57 AM)nerokrauzer Wrote: So the only reasons I can think of for someone to manage to get virus on it is by downloading some 10 years old infected file, being dumb to open all of your e-mail links or if you're personally targeted by someone.

"The only reasons I can think of for someone to get into an accident and die is if they are a poor driver"

Also "I can't think of a reason outside of xyz so xyz are the only reasons" is just you appealing to your own igorance.
[Image: appeal-to-ignorance1.jpg]

(12-19-2020, 05:57 AM)nerokrauzer Wrote: @envisaged0ne I find funny when you say people gets defensive for not changing OS.

Aren't you the one being defensive? You revived a nearly year old post because someone dared to say something negative about XP. You're just proving his point by responding exactly as they expected you to.

(12-19-2020, 05:57 AM)nerokrauzer Wrote: even with facts [...]

Did you really think that you coming and saying "well it hasn't happened to me yet and I can't fathom how it would happen unless you are dumb" is a relevant "fact"?

(12-19-2020, 05:57 AM)nerokrauzer Wrote: Like, what if someone root for a football team that sucks, I tell him "hey change team! Your team sucks! This one is a lot better!" even with facts, would you change team? Should I get mad at you for not rooting for another team? It's my computer, it should be enough.

And this is where we reach peak victimization levels. You came to a public forum to broadcast that you are using a 20 year old OS and people are criticizing you for it. No one it holding a gun to your head and saying "upgrade now". You made a ***** argument in defense of continuing to use WinXP and now when people point out to you that it's a ***** argument you say "well I can do what I want". Cool. Doesn't mean you get to spread ***** arguments uncontested. You can believe the world is flat if you want but if you publicly express that belief people are allowed to and should mock you for it.

Also the Patriots suck.
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

Sponsored links