Windows vista 64bits/ Linux 64
Question 
Hi ALL!!!

I have some question to the comunity Tongue

Why the project PCSX2 64bits is no more available?
I saw some topics about PCSX2 need a "big Horse Power CPU" but in 64bits is a great help to the lower CPU´s (compatible 64bits CPU´S)
In windows Xp the 64bits in some years ago was not so good..but now more programs and OS are stable in 64bits, and more people are using it.
And in Ubuntu 9.04? i download the PCSX2 to Linux will run in 64bits? Smile

Sponsored links

Because 64bit support is bad for pcsx2. It will be slower, it will be less compatible.
(04-30-2009, 04:04 PM)rama Wrote: Because 64bit support is bad for pcsx2. It will be slower, it will be less compatible.

Slower? PCSX2 Code in 64bits Plugins in 64bits slower? Huh
If you say...Mellow
Less compatible with what? for example?
(04-30-2009, 04:12 PM)Navyseal Wrote:
(04-30-2009, 04:04 PM)rama Wrote: Because 64bit support is bad for pcsx2. It will be slower, it will be less compatible.

Slower? PCSX2 Code in 64bits Plugins in 64bits slower? Huh
If you say...Mellow
Less compatible with what? for example?

Just take his word for it.

You're free to compile a 64-bit version for yourself, but you don't magically get a performance increase. It was dropped because it wasn't useful and only served to increase the amount of code developers needed to support.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Yes Navyseal, despite what the advertisement and selected benchmarks say, x64 does not make stuff faster just by using it.
You need to exploit the features it offers (nothing much for pcsx2) and avoid the problems it has (lots of them in pcsx2).

Do you really need an example of bad compatibility? Let's see, how about a black screen of nothingness, or constant crashes? Tongue2
Moved. And closed. seriously , do a search...