WipEout Pulse - Controls with too much delay
Exclamation 
Hi people, kind of new here.
Guys I have both versions of WipEout Pulse, PS2 and PSP, and I've noticed something that annoys me and makes the game harder than it should: The PS2 version has like 0,7(or almost half sec) sec of lag between the input and the action, which makes pin point precision corners impossible because I have to think of the lag first, and yes it happens on the real system also.
My question is, is there some way to "remove" this lag thorugh the emulator with some sort of hack? I don't like playing Pulse PSP, cuz of the low resolution graphics, though it has a better gameplay and the concept ships.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

If it happens on real hardware, not much we can do.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
maybe playing in slowmo? Could reduce the lag relatively...
WipEout after PS1 just got somewhat slow already, if I playin slow-mo it would break the experiece... and the lag would persist anyways.
Dunno this is the miracles of emulation. Oh well if it can't be done so it's okay. Thanks
(03-10-2015, 11:02 PM)Rafeku Wrote: I don't like playing Pulse PSP, cuz of the low resolution graphics, though it has a better gameplay and the concept ships.

http://www.ppsspp.org/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
-_- I play both on emulator m8, scaling is not something that I like (much). The game is better on PSP yes, but it's not what I'd like to see in a big screen, when I have a better version of it graphically, so I get myself divided by those, though I still find myself playing the PSP version because of the gameplay.
A lil bump here, just not to leave me hopeless.
Can't be developed some sort of cheat code to reduce this delay? I saw there are patch codes to fix aspect ratio, and do 16:9 resoulution aspects. If I knew this kind of stuff I'd do that myself, but since I don't know I need a request.
(03-13-2015, 02:46 PM)Rafeku Wrote: A lil bump here, just not to leave me hopeless.
Can't be developed some sort of cheat code to reduce this delay?
AFAIK, there isn't anything like that. have you enabled Vsync ? If yes, try disabling it.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I think we never had something comparable. It could be bad code optimization of the developers of the game. But how could one solve this?
You can try overclocking the EE with Blyss' extended pcsx2 version. Maybe it is an EE bottleneck but I wouldn't think so. Keep in mind that you will not get any support in this forum for the mentioned version since it is not an official build.