Wipeout Fusion Framerate Issues
If these are multi-threaded benchmarks they are probably bad indicators... if they regard turbo-boost probably even worse.

TC = Turboboost?... That does not really help and can be a good explanation for working conditions for 5 seconds and then sudden lags... The notebook probably doesn't have a good cooler so that dynamic overclocking doesn't work properly. Especially not if you want to play for hours...

Actually checking heat would also be a good idea... Try to read out the core-values. Dont use the notebook on a pillow/your lap but better on a table. But that is a different story.

Probably it doesn't help but if you reduce the internal resolution to less than native, do you get higher fps?
Have you tried in gs hardware-hacks the skipdraw-hack with a value 1-10?

Sponsored links

(03-01-2014, 10:31 PM)willkuer Wrote: If these are multi-threaded benchmarks they are probably bad indicators... if they regard turbo-boost probably even worse.

TC = Turboboost?... That does not really help and can be a good explanation for working conditions for 5 seconds and then sudden lags... The notebook probably doesn't have a good cooler so that dynamic overclocking doesn't work properly. Especially not if you want to play for hours...

Actually checking heat would also be a good idea... Try to read out the core-values. Dont use the notebook on a pillow/your lap but better on a table. But that is a different story.

Probably it doesn't help but if you reduce the internal resolution to less than native, do you get higher fps?
Have you tried in gs hardware-hacks the skipdraw-hack with a value 1-10?

Enabled the hacks, set it eight, still lag. Set it to 44, still laggin'. I even brought the resolution down to 320x240 and it would still lag. Disabled framelimiting, and the game went to hyperdrive and then I hit the loop-de-loop and it went back into Lag City and then back into hyperdrive and back and back....

As for the heat, yeah, the y510p spews nothing but hot air when I'm gaming (I had accidentally left my can of Brisk next to the fan. It was warm when I had drank out of it!). As you mentioned, I always play at the table (mainly because it's more comfortable). It's never overheated on me to the point where it hurt performance but it does indeed get hot.

I think PCSX2 hates my laptop.
maybe you can try coretemp and cpu-z running while playing to measure the temperatures and to see if it throttles the cpu? (the core temp gadget for easy)

the graphics cards are probably not loaded but you can check them too with Gpu Monitor. if the thermal design is bad even the graphics card spreads heat to your cpu and can throttle it. i have a lenovo laptop too and i use those gadgets. their cooling solutions are not the best. and your laptop is quite a heavy performer. if you have thermal trouble you gotta find some of those tools, set the clocks and performances manual, so they don't run into the limits. i dunno intel but for nvidia there's rivatuner or some tool where you can setup performance plans. it's could be just that lil balancing act for that full load. Smile