Won't read FFX disc. HELP!
(03-29-2012, 05:41 PM)Minhe Wrote: I don't uh.. have one.. Unsure

Sorry, dude, but that really looked like an admission of guilt. Laugh

Your problem is that you have "No disc" selected under the CDVD menu of the main PCSX2 window.

Sponsored links

(03-29-2012, 08:04 PM)Rezard Wrote: Sorry, dude, but that really looked like an admission of guilt. Laugh

Your problem is that you have "No disc" selected under the CDVD menu of the main PCSX2 window.

I have selected Plugin and then selected my D: drive which is the drive my FFX disc is in and it still doesn't work. It says in the log that it switches to No Disc after trying to load the CDVD plugin. *I think at least..*
I'll suggest re-installing PCSX2. Here is some advice on setting up:

Download PCSX2 revision(s)
I recommend you start with the lates stable revision, PCSX2 0.9.8 (r4600). I will also recommend you choose to download the binary package, and not the installer package. If you choose to download and try SVN revisions, they will come in the binary form anyway, so you may want to be familiar with it.

"Installing" the files
Extract it to a custom folder location of your creation (i.e. not in "Program Files", in "My Documents" or on the Desktop). I'll suggest a base folder for all PCSX2 revisions right on your "C:\" drive. For example, PCSX2 0.9.8 will be in it's own folder in "C:\PCSX2\", and other revision you install later could have their own folders there, too.

The point of all this is to keep PCSX2 independent ("portable") from your operating system, and free of any access restrictions (like when your settings won't save).
(03-29-2012, 08:21 PM)Rezard Wrote: I'll suggest re-installing PCSX2. Here is some advice on setting up:

Download PCSX2 revision(s)
I recommend you start with the lates stable revision, PCSX2 0.9.8 (r4600). I will also recommend you choose to download the binary package, and not the installer package. If you choose to download and try SVN revisions, they will come in the binary form anyway, so you may want to be familiar with it.

"Installing" the files
Extract it to a custom folder location of your creation (i.e. not in "Program Files", in "My Documents" or on the Desktop). I'll suggest a base folder for all PCSX2 revisions right on your "C:\" drive. For example, PCSX2 0.9.8 will be in it's own folder in "C:\PCSX2\", and other revision you install later could have their own folders there, too.

The point of all this is to keep PCSX2 independent ("portable") from your operating system, and free of any access restrictions (like when your settings won't save).

Thanks for this. I will try it and post back with updates.
(03-29-2012, 07:53 PM)Minhe Wrote: It was already locked. I just got it unlocked. I should clarify I don't *CURRENTLY* have a ps2. My brother took it with him to his school after I had gotten the BIOS. So I can't test it on a ps2 right now.
apologies+^_^+ nothing in the thread before that said you loaned it for a time to family in need+^_^+ can you burn a dvd-rom? (like an .ISO of a program or something?) you might have a dirty laser lens+^_^+ also, is you disc damaged? scratches can really mess with PS2 game in my experience+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.