World Rally Championship 4 Doesn't Load on PCSX2
Hi Everyone,

PCSX2 1.6.0 allowed me to play almost my whole collection of PS2 games.  With the exception of WRC 4.
- Loading does not go past the PS2 logo.
- Endless pc:00400688 TLB Miss errors.

WRC 2001 runs fine if I don't use speed hacks (MTVU Multi Threaded)
WRC Rally Evolved runs fine if I load from boot(fast) instead of from save state (otherwise graphic glitches).

PS2 & GAMES INFO
I dumped my own PS2 BIOS and it appears as : Japan v02.20(10/02/2006) Console.
All my games are PAL (UK).

I found I cannot use BOOT ISO (FULL) for all my PAL games.  It would direct me to the memory card browser screen every time.
Therefore, only BOOT ISO (FAST) works for me.

PC Spec
Processor : Intel i7-7700 @ 3.60GHz
RAM : 8 GB
Display : AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (1GB, GDDR5, 1100MHz)

Note : Enough to run games at 3x Native (1080p) in a window.

Any WRC fans having the same issue as me?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Chad

Sponsored links

Oh, PCSX2 Wiki already explained it doesn't yet work. Nevermind. https://wiki.pcsx2.net/WRC_4
It requires this patch file by Kozarrov.

Attached Files
.pnach   cde7c999.pnach (Size: 710 bytes / Downloads: 1.149)
Thanks prafull. Will play on an actual PS2 for the time being until new releases of the emulator working for this game.
(06-19-2020, 11:43 AM)tidus2020 Wrote: Thanks prafull.  Will play on an actual PS2 for the time being until new releases of the emulator working for this game.

I've stumbled upon same issue with this game and PCSX2 v1.6.0. The patch provided by prafull didn't work at first, but then I've noticed in the console log that PCSX2 fails to find AFD06CBA.pnach... So I've renamed cde7c999 to AFD06CBA and the game loaded without any issues. I know there are newer builds that might've fixed it already, but they require DX12 and won't run under Windows 7.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go