World Rally Championship [SCES 50139] (E)
status=5;
version=1.2.1;
console=PS2;
crc=B9373369;
img_t=empty;
img_f=empty;
wikiurl=Link;
Code:
empty

Sponsored links

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3.30Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

Build Description: Tested using latest PCSX2 beta

BIOS Used: USA (2.20)

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used:
None, set to safest

Gamefixes Used:
XGKICK hack (fixes route map glitching)

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): medium

Comments:

Plays very well - 60 FPS very easily. You must have some form of interlacing turned on (I used Weave TFF)  in order for the game to not be "bouncy", as if the game needs adjustment via an old-school tv antenna. Tested on Directx9/11 and OpenGL in hardware mode, all work fine. However, see bugs below.

Bugs:

Graphical glitching in some areas of the game - particularly on the car you drive. (Textures on car look messed up in some parts of it, I don't know if any gamefix hacks fix this particular issue; screen cap attached so you can see the texture glitching on the car, this is from a shakedown run and not an actual rally stage - they appear on rally stages too.)  Route Map is glitched and will sometimes show a phantom white line in the route area that isn't actually part of the route (which is fixed with XGKICK hack being turned on).

Image of glitching: [Image: WRC_1_PS2_graphics_glitch.jpg]

Status
Playable
On later versions of the WRC games turning on the XGKICK hack fixes the graphical glitches, might affect this too
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-26-2015, 10:09 AM)refraction Wrote: On later versions of the WRC games turning on the XGKICK hack fixes the graphical glitches, might affect this too

That hack fixes the map glitching, but not the car textures being messed up.
(08-26-2015, 10:34 AM)JaredKFan Wrote: That hack fixes the map glitching, but not the car textures being messed up.

I uploaded an image of the car texture glitches - you can see it above in the original post.
Build Description: Tested using latest PCSX2 beta <-- Please provide an actual build number, this will have no meaning in a month or 2. Also did you test the new OpenGL options?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Still has the graphics glitches I mentioned using the latest build number - 1.3.1-20150909232805. The European version of the game does not have the glitches, but it freezes after a couple of minutes of playing it, no matter what dx or opengl version I use.
(09-11-2015, 05:06 PM)JaredKFan Wrote: Still has the graphics glitches I mentioned using the latest build number - 1.3.1-20150909232805.  The European version of the game does not have the glitches, but it freezes after a couple of minutes of playing it, no matter what dx or opengl version I use.

With moderate testing, I found that if you enable the "EE timing hack", the Euro version does not freeze. Tested with PCSX2 1.2.1 as well as the current revisions.