Would a generic xbox one wired controller work?
I'm looking at current gen options and a wired generic (not made by Microsoft) xbox one controller. Eg pdp or more likely molyhood makes.

Would these be compatible with pcxs2? Being a generic brand, I'm a little cautious about compatibility but not too keen to pay £45-60 for an official one and dingle.

Thanks all

Sponsored links

(01-04-2020, 10:16 AM)Mike2020pcxs2 Wrote: I'm looking at current gen options and a wired generic.... 

Ignore this post. I'm going to buy a nearly new one from ebay for £30-35 and then buy a dongle or most likely just use a USB cable for simplicity.
If it works on windows,on will work on pcsx2
The only problem you may encounter is PC games(some require xinput and the most generic gamepads are usually DInput only)
(01-04-2020, 11:47 AM)vsub Wrote: If it works on windows,on will work on pcsx2
The only problem you may encounter is PC games(some require xinput and the most generic gamepads are usually DInput only)
Thanks for the comment. Based on your wisdom, seems like it would be a safer bet to go with the official controller.
I don't have official controller(GameSir t1s)and it works fine on everything
(01-04-2020, 02:47 PM)vsub Wrote: I don't have official controller(GameSir t1s)and it works fine on everything

That is really useful to know. I will read the reviews on licensed controllers, and if good I'll get one. If a bit hit or miss, I'll go official
Thanks
I have an Xbox One PDP controller and it works fine, back in the day, I had some random no name brand Xbox 360 controller and that worked perfectly fine as well.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
(01-05-2020, 12:56 PM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: I have an Xbox One PDP controller and it works fine, back in the day, I had some random no name brand Xbox 360 controller and that worked perfectly fine as well.
Thanks for the input. I'm glad I have options 
Last night I won a opened but not used xbox one controller on ebay for £29 Inc postage. Bluetooth version. So this will hopefully work out nicely, Bluetooth or cable should work.