Would anybody be able to help?
For the last couple of days ive been trying to use the pcsx2 and trying to play Dark cloud and timespliters 2. Everytime i play either one of these games it runs smoothly at 50 fps but as soon as my EE goes to 100% the games runs as slow as anything and the fps suddenly drops to about 30-15 fps .

My computer specs:
Intel® Core™ i3-3225 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Ram: 3.6 GB
Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 6001), 32-bit
Graphics Card: ASUS HD7770 Series

Would anyone be able to help me?

Sponsored links

if EE goes to 100%, that means your CPU is struggling.
think about enabling some speedhacks, but unfortunately, since you have only 2 cores, it's highly possible the MTVU hack won't help...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
what changes Would you suggest?
MTVU should be able to help due to hyperthreading. My old i3 did benefit from this.
definitely a better CPU
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I mean that would reduce the EE?
as you have been told, either buying a faster cpu (i5 recommended for this) or using speedhacks. the EE is max because the emulator cant process everything fast enough to achieve 60fps (or 50fps if it's PAL), the only way you will lower your EE % is if you can process everthing it needs to in the alloted time to maintain the right speed and using speedhacks or buying a better cpu is going to be your only choice.

the only other thing you could try is turning the "Clamping modes" to none and use superVU, depending on if that has a greater benifit than MicroVU + MTVU.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]