Would quad-core support be useless?
The Dolphin developers said it would be useless for their emulator. As in, even if it was implemented perfectly it wouldn't give a significant speed boost. Is this the same case with PCSX2? I ask because if that's true then that should be in the FAQ. I think it would cut down on the daily quad core topics Laugh

Sponsored links

Obviously you didn't look hard enough.

From the FAQ:
Quote:Does the emulator support 4 cores?

No, currently only 2 cores are supported. To make Pcsx2 efficiently use 3 or more cores will require major code changes. So don't ask when quad-core support will be available, since it won't be anytime soon! However, pcsx2 will run fine on your quadcore cpu. It just won't benefit from the extra 2 cores.

(The speed issue should be implied.)

No one looks hard enough, apparently. Wacko
For my specs, see my profile.

My YouTube channel
Apparently no one reads either. That's not at all what I asked.
Your question is about quad-core support and that's what the FAQ says on quad-core support. The benefits aren't worth the time needed to change the code. That's why it won't be available anytime soon, and all you need to know is that it won't be available anytime soon.

It looks like what you say and what you mean are two totally different things. To answer your question word-for-word, the short answer would be "yes," but what are you trying to ask, exactly?

(The PM was totally unnecessary, by the way.)

My YouTube channel
I didn't say they should implement it or ask if it'll be soon. I already know these things. What I asked was whether or not it would help. And, if it wouldn't then it should be said in the FAQ to cut down on quad core topics. The FAQ only answers in terms of the emulator as it is now. They clearly say that it will run on quad cores but won't use the extra two cores because it's not designed to. What I'm asking is, would it help if it was designed to? Why can't you see this?

Are you native English speaker? I can't imagine someone being native and misunderstanding so much.

But, back on-topic, I'd rather you not respond here anymore. I want someone that knows what they're talking about.
Look, the FAQ already covers everything you need to know; there's no reason to discuss the issue further. As far as I know, quad-core support wouldn't be useless, but it's not worth it right now. What more do you need to know?

Side note: I was born and raised in the Midwest.

My YouTube channel
THE FAQ DOES NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!!

Please, stop responding. You can't even read what I'm asking, therefore, your input on this is useless.
(05-25-2009, 09:01 PM)Chris8282 Wrote: The Dolphin developers said it would be useless for their emulator. As in, even if it was implemented perfectly it wouldn't give a significant speed boost. Is this the same case with PCSX2? I ask because if that's true then that should be in the FAQ. I think it would cut down on the daily quad core topics Laugh

your question is will the pcsx2 support the quad core or will it benefit from it as the dolphin wont? ,and i have a question for you do u know any thing about coding and programing?
FOKKAK MENY
I am a computer science major and am in the process of getting my degree. Don't get smart with me. Answer the question or don't waste either of our time. But, no, that's not what I asked. I know it won't use the 4 cores. I'm asking IF it did at a later time would it help at all?

Why so many people with attitudes and reading comprehension problems? Where's the helpful coders?
Yes, quad-core would help if they had the time to rewrite it, because there are probably at least 4 separate "chips" to emulate.