Would this be possible? Save State image preview inside the GUI
I was actually reminded of this after reading Blyss' feature request about Auto Save States.

So I was wondering if it's possible to somehow get an image preview of your Save States per game. If anyone ever used SNES9X or ZSNES you'll know what I'm referring to. It's basically a snapshot showing exactly where in the game you currently are in that Save State. This might have been suggested in the past.... I don't know if it's possible at all, but I think it'd be a useful feature to have rather than digging through a list manually without any sign of what you're actually about to load.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)

Sponsored links

I'm no coder but what if you had upon savestate it had a slight delay and before the savestate kicked in it saved an ingame screenshot. After that it should just be some gui work to make it nice and pretty. ...I'm sure there's more to it then that just my thoughts.
Windows 10 x64
RAM: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
CPU:  i7-8700k CPU @ 4.8 GHz
Cooler: H100i GTX
Video: GTX 1080 1080 SEA HAWK X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
HDD/SSD: Samsung 970 PRO NVMe Series 1TB M.2 PCI-E
                Seagate BarraCuda Pro 8TB
                Intel Optane Memory Module 32 GB PCIe M.2 - Used on the Seagate
No sane person would even attempt this.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
If pcsx2 had a modular gui I think it could be done but I have no idea how this stuff is done. My only guess is to look at some examples and adapt it somehow. It would be neat especially if you had alot of saves. Or at the very least have a savestate output an image of the same name as well just so you can look at that in a folder.
Windows 10 x64
(06-11-2015, 12:42 PM)Masheen Wrote: If pcsx2 had a modular gui I think it could be done but I have no idea how this stuff is done. My only guess is to look at some examples and adapt it somehow. It would be neat especially if you had alot of saves. Or at the very least have a savestate output an image of the same name as well just so you can look at that in a folder.

You don't want to look at the GUI code. No one wants to look at the GUI code.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Well you could save a screenshot with the state. That would be easy. But integrating it to the UI would not.

I think PCSX2 Bonus or vsubs tool or one of those has some sort of state preview... I may be wrong.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
It only shows the cover. The save states are just text. But I'm very certain it could be done.
Windows 10 x64
(06-11-2015, 12:49 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well you could save a screenshot with the state. That would be easy. But integrating it to the UI would not.

I think PCSX2 Bonus or vsubs tool or one of those has some sort of state preview... I may be wrong.

I don't know about "PCSX2 Bonus" but mine does.
When you press F1,pcsx2 will create a save state and the program will create a screen shot.Pressing F2 will show info and a preview of the save state(the "End" key shows a preview of the current slot)

I also added to my "developer" version a timestamp(the time when the save state was created)but since it's been so long since the last release,I don't have any idea what did I change since that time till now...and some things are not working correctly with the latest official\beta version of pcsx2(like sending cheats or enabling\disabling them with hotkey)
Can you send me a copy of the one you have?
Windows 10 x64
@vsub Yeah that's what I was thinking of. So you can use vsub's tool to get that happening right now! It's always quite useful for other stuff too.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD