Wrong Cpu speed detection
(05-13-2009, 06:26 PM)Air Wrote:
(05-13-2009, 06:38 AM)Butz_san Wrote: The emu has a bug in the speed detection. Look the picture below, I don't own a 8Ghz CPU. Mine it's at 3Ghz xDDD

And it reports this speed consistently? The cpu speed detection is hackish, in that an operating system task switch could cause the results to skew substantially.

Explained: Each core has its own rdtsc counter, and so if the task (pcsx2) swaps cores during startup it'll result in a skewed result. But this should be inconsistent. Most of the time it shouldn't happen.

This is the first time it happens, so I guess it was a random issue. Thanks for the clarification Smile
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]

Sponsored links

(05-13-2009, 08:53 PM)Butz_san Wrote: This is the first time it happens, so I guess it was a random issue. Thanks for the clarification Smile

Ok, good to know. I might put in a more correct fix in the future. It's not hard really, except it's Win32/Linux specific code (which can get messy in a hurry). I have to affix the Pcsx2 process to a single Core (called a CPU Affinity mask) for the duration of the test. That prevents the OS from swapping the task to a different Core.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team