X-Mas Season Splurge, will it run?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc...Id=4593000

The deal is too good to resist, but can it run PCSX2? 

AMD-FX 3.8ghz
8gb RAM
AMD 2XX GPU

I'm considering really going crazy and paying $150 more so I can run current AAA games at decent settings/fps also. I'm tired of my low-end laptop level PC, and don't have the guts to custom build : P 

So anyway, can this rig run classic JRPGs' like the SMT games? Persona 4, Nocturne, Hackers etc. and Dragon Quest 8?

Sponsored links

Without overclocking it won't run it well.

Also for that price range you'd do better building.

Despite the flashy name "CyberPowerPC - Gamer Ultra" that is not a hardcore gaming machine. That is an entry/super casual gaming machine. My $500 rig that I built 2 years ago would eat it alive for instance, and barely cost more.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Will it be playable atleast? 47-50fps if I bastardize the gfx settings?
I'm too chicken to build it myself, not because I'm dumb, but because I'm afraid to break an expensive part xP
(Also 400 is a neat sale)

I don't want to be playing the latest CoD on Ultra with 64 player multiplayer, just some simple RPG's and maybe a few new games on Med-Low.

I've seen videos with this things gpu (R7 240) pulling off Fallout 4 on decent settings...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUK22zhVqFg

Is this possible in your opinion?

Thanks for you opinion btw
PCSX2 is far more CPU limited. The GPU is adequate for most games in native resolution. But the CPU not so much.

I have the 6 core version of that chip, it was my main rig until a few months ago. You will need to overclock it to 4.4Ghz for most RPG type games in PCSX2. If you won't overclock then no, it really won't cut it except for super easy to run games. At stock that chip will get you full speed in super light games, 40-50FPS in average games, < 30 in demanding ones.

Maybe you could name some games and I can tell you how they will run.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Persona 4, SMT Nocturne? From your Avatar I can guess you'd be familiar with those titles Smile lol    

My awful PC pulls 20-25fps on them right now, and in a few sweet spots it hits 40~50fps. So I think I can live with that being my new default.

Really I'm getting this for general casual pc gaming, but PCSX2 is a nice bonus.
Persona 4 should be doable at full speed.

Nocturne it's been forever since I ran it so I can't say for sure but I'd guess it's okay too.

The Persona games are really light. My current rig can run them at over 300FPS lol.

Just FYI those Cyberpower PC are known to come with ultra ***** power supplies. It will be adequate to run the machine but I've seen many stories of them burning out and taking the whole machine with them. If you are really considering that rig keep that in mind. I'm not saying it's gonna explode, just that it's a risk. Whether it's an okay risk is up to you.
Oh well that's a pleasant surprise about the PS2 games. I'm not going to overclock anything or mod it that much, so it should be okay hopefully. Thanks again for the help!
(11-27-2015, 08:05 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Just FYI those Cyberpower PC are known to come with ultra ***** power supplies. It will be adequate to run the machine but I've seen many stories of them burning out and taking the whole machine with them. If you are really considering that rig keep that in mind. I'm not saying it's gonna explode, just that it's a risk. Whether it's an okay risk is up to you.

Can attest to this on my old IBUYPOWER rig. Didn't take out anything else, but plugging in my damn phone was enough load to kill it. I believe they actually have a policy of using the ***** PSU and just replace it every time it blows.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]