X unlabelled patch codees will automatically activate
Hello everyone,

I am playing GTA Vice City Stories through this great emulator. I am using a 60 FPS patch which makes the game even more fun. The only downside of this is that this also speeds up the timer for certain missions, which makes some unbeatable. 
On a forum post I saw someone mention a cheat to freeze the timer, which would be just what I needed. I looked into how to exactly do it, and found threads on this website as well. I tried to follow those, and I tried to follow Youtube tutorials. I feel like I understand what I am doing, but I do not understand what I am doing wrong. I have tried getting cheats to work on several games (to see if maybe VC Stories was the problem) but I can't get any of my games to work. PCSX2 'sees' the cheats, but they simply don't work ingame. 

I have added the .pnach file from GTA, and a screenshot of the cheats that are enabled. When I boot the game it says the cheats are loaded, but theyre simply not working. I got these cheats from a quick google search (can't post the link itself here)

As far as I am aware I don't have to decrypt these codes, but I tried doing so without any effect.
To clarify, I am not looking for codes or anything. I am trying to understand what I am doing wrong

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   4F32A11F.pnach (Size: 253 bytes / Downloads: 24)

Sponsored links

You decrypting the "4x Game speed" cheats wrong
You should set the input to "Codebreaker -> Version 7+" to decrypt them properly.

And you didn't decrypt any of the codes yet.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(02-24-2024, 02:40 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: You decrypting the "4x Game speed" cheats wrong
You should set the input to "Codebreaker -> Version 7+" to decrypt them properly.

And you didn't decrypt any of the codes yet.

Thank you for your reply! I am trying this and that so it could very well be I have sent you the file when I tried some non-decrypted codes.
It can be very confusing, some youtube tutorials put it on different inputs than the others. I really am just gambling at this point. Also with placing the / signs, no idea if I should or shouldn't do it as I have seen people do both.

Anyways, your comment helped a lot! I now have a cheat working after decrypting it. But, how did you know what the input should've been? Is it always Codebreaker Version 7+ or is there a way to see what input it should be?
(02-24-2024, 02:53 AM)PolterG Wrote: Thank you for your reply! I am trying this and that so it could very well be I have sent you the file when I tried some non-decrypted codes.
It can be very confusing, some youtube tutorials put it on different inputs than the others. I really am just gambling at this point. Also with placing the / signs, no idea if I should or shouldn't do it as I have seen people do both.

Anyways, your comment helped a lot! I now have a cheat working after decrypting it. But, how did you know what the input should've been? Is it always Codebreaker Version 7+ or is there a way to see what input it should be?

The website where you get the codes should told you something about the minimum version of the cheat device it was designed for.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
So just to get the hang of it I am trying it with the Simpsons Hit and Run, i get the codes from almarsguides btw. There's a mention of Codebreaker, and the enable/master code seems to be different depending on the version. It still is unclear what version those codes are for.

But something like Infinite Coins: 1A35086C 000003E7, I have no idea if I should decrypt it or leave it as it is. For now I have got Vice City Stories working, but if I do exactly the same thing for The Simpsons, it doesnt work Sad
(02-24-2024, 03:19 AM)PolterG Wrote: So just to get the hang of it I am trying it with the Simpsons Hit and Run, i get the codes from almarsguides btw. There's a mention of Codebreaker, and the enable/master code seems to be different depending on the version. It still is unclear what version those codes are for.

But something like Infinite Coins: 1A35086C 000003E7, I have no idea if I should decrypt it or leave it as it is. For now I have got Vice City Stories working, but if I do exactly the same thing for The Simpsons, it doesnt work Sad

That code is encrypted with Codebreaker ver. 1, so input on Omniconvert would be  Codebreaker ver. 1-output would be raw/unencrypted.