XAudio2 Plugin
I am running PCSX 2 Version 1.0.0 using Linux on a Macbook Pro.

The program works. All the specs are setup. Except sound.

I have downloaded several .dll files of the xaudio2 plugin but all of them experience failure. Can somebody direct me to one that works? I need to be able to run sound on my game.

Sponsored links

Linux version of anything doesn't use .dll. It would be .so for the plugins and other Linux-y files. XAudio is not even available for Linux (no DirectX) but Portaudio (cross platform) is. I would recommend using the latest SVN version. You can download and compile using...

svn checkout http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ pcsx2-read-only

This is only for 32bits dependencies (no 64bit, sorry, but at least multiarch helps a little bit with that).

If you are using an Ubuntu-type distro there's the PPA (best choice for 64 bits system).

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa

I would not recommend the 1.0.0 stable download as it is not stable at all. Many bugfixes have been done since last year, with more to come in the future.

In Wine, 0.9.7 old PCSX2 Windows version will install if you use Winetricks to install DirectX9 (no 10 yet) but GSdx SDL version is all that will work. And it will crash often at random.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(03-23-2013, 01:27 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Linux version of anything doesn't use .dll. It would be .so for the plugins and other Linux-y files. XAudio is not even available for Linux (no DirectX) but Portaudio (cross platform) is. I would recommend using the latest SVN version. You can download and compile using...

svn checkout http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ pcsx2-read-only

This is only for 32bits dependencies (no 64bit, sorry, but at least multiarch helps a little bit with that).

If you are using an Ubuntu-type distro there's the PPA (best choice for 64 bits system).

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa

I would not recommend the 1.0.0 stable download as it is not stable at all. Many bugfixes have been done since last year, with more to come in the future.

In Wine, 0.9.7 old PCSX2 Windows version will install if you use Winetricks to install DirectX9 (no 10 yet) but GSdx SDL version is all that will work. And it will crash often at random.

Maybe it was the windows version then. It definitely uses .dll files. how do i get it for windows and Wine?
You can get the latest stable version from the main site @ www.pcsx2.net

My preference is the SVN builds @ (almost the same place)
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

To add, what I do is download the full stable installer because that will install all of the other requirements such as latest DirectX and latest C++Visual installer. After that is done I uninstall PCSX2 (from the control panel) and download the SVN binary, and leave it on my desktop.

To add further, this is actually using it on Windows. Wine is the compatibility layer in case you are using a non-Windows OS and want to run a Windows program. After all, if you are using Windows already, why make things more complicated?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti