XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
This works great, thanks!

Is there a way to make the controller work in Event Ghost while using this wrapper? It doesn't show up in the controller list in Event Ghost PS3 Bluetooth plugin.

Sponsored links

(05-12-2013, 07:02 AM)Fox Wrote: Have anyone noticed that DS3 didn't vibrate perfectly right with SCP?

Just discovered that the only way to get perfect vibration playback with SCP is to put DS3 on USB. MiJ did the better job than SCP for vibration+bluetooth...

Is that just me, or it happens to everyone on bluetooth? Will Scarlet.Crush do something about it?
After trying to get this program working for a solid hour, I've come to the realization that I need your help SC! I've already:
- Installed/updated needed drivers
- Tried different USB cables/ports
- Restarted computer several times
- Tried pinhole reset on controller (reset worked, however still no success with PC input)

Under the "Hardware" tab for the PLAYSTATION®3 Controller it lists "Scarlet.Crush Productions" as the manufacturer, leading me to believe it has only partially worked? There are no entries under Game Controllers, despite being detected in Devices and Printers. Another interesting note is that after un-installation -> installation with the Driver Installer, nothing is listed under the "-- Install Summary --". Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
I already manage to install the driver and can use DS3 on cable, but I can't connect/pair it using my bluetooth, here is the screenshot. Is it the bluetooth compability problem? here is my BT id:

USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0828
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001

Thanks
@Toast Rider: any dongle which supports Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR or above, avoid the dirt cheap ones though.

@Contrite: Can you do the following -

1. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
2. Restart the Service (or reboot your PC).
3. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
7. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
9. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
10. Wait 30 seconds.
11. Zip up your ScpDriver.log and ScpService.log and post as an attachment.

@Slavix66: the drivers don't currently support mapping of triggers, see Post #941.

@kakdu: your controller is not responding to the Service Channel request, this would indicate that it is not a genuine Sony DualShock 3. See Post #518.

@NewYears1978: I've never used Event Ghost, so can't tell you what you need to configure. Does it support Xbox 360 Controllers?

@Fox: can you be more specific, "didn't vibrate perfectly" is not much to go on.

@wasdoftime: it sounds like the X360 drivers are not installed correctly. Check in Device Manager that an "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" device is installed and working correctly. Zip up your ScpService.log and ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.

@chopin: you are using an old version of the drivers. Update to the release version on Post #1. After installing do the following -

4. Wait 30 seconds.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
10. Wait 30 seconds.
(05-15-2013, 06:50 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Toast Rider: any dongle which supports Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR or above, avoid the dirt cheap ones though.

@Contrite: Can you do the following -

4. Wait 30 seconds.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
10. Wait 30 seconds.

@Slavix66: the drivers don't currently support mapping of triggers, see Post #941.

@kakdu: your controller is not responding to the Service Channel request, this would indicate that it is not a genuine Sony DualShock 3. See Post #518.

@NewYears1978: I've never used Event Ghost, so can't tell you what you need to configure. Does it support Xbox 360 Controllers?

@Fox: can you be more specific, "didn't vibrate perfectly" is not much to go on.

@wasdoftime: it sounds like the X360 drivers are not installed correctly. Check in Device Manager that an "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" device is installed and working correctly. Zip up your ScpService.log and ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.

@chopin: you are using an old version of the drivers. Update to the release version on Post #1. After installing do the following -

4. Wait 30 seconds.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
10. Wait 30 seconds.
Thanks for your response. Following your tip, i opened my "ps3 controller". I compared with videos and photos over the internet and i found out that its not really a genuine one. The battery, a blue one, is glued to the board and is not a Sony battery. If anyone is having problem pairing the controler over the bluetooth, i suggest verifiy if its a fake one. I guess i'll have to use it plugged in then.
P. S. Is there any way to modify the source code so i can use it with my fake ps3 controller with the bluetooth adapter?
Hey, thanks for this great tool.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a bluetooth adapter to buy (hopefully less than $10) that 100% guaranteed will work wirelessly with a PS3 controller? I'm having a very hard time finding something, especially since the motioninjoy website has been down for a while along with the compatibility list.

I would really appreciate a recommendation or two, since I don't live in the USA and some online stores aren't available here.
@kakdu: might take a bit of tinkering, could try bypassing the Service Channel code -

ScpControl\BthDevice.cs::L2CAP_Worker_Thread()

Change
Code:
if (Connection.CanStartSvc)
{
    UInt16 DCID = BthConnection.DCID++;
    L2_DCID = new Byte[2] { (Byte)((DCID >> 0) & 0xFF), (Byte)((DCID >> 8) & 0xFF) };

L2CAP_Connection_Request(Connection.HCI_Handle.Bytes, m_Id++, L2_DCID, L2CAP.PSM.HID_Service);
    LogDebug(String.Format("<< {0} [{1:X2}] PSM [{2:X2}]", L2CAP.Code.L2CAP_Connection_Request, (Byte) L2CAP.Code.L2CAP_Connection_Request, (Byte) L2CAP.PSM.HID_Service));
}

to
Code:
if (Connection.CanStartSvc)
{
    Connection.CanStartSvc = false;
    OnInitialised(Connection);
}

I noticed that the MAC Address of your and zoomHYPERIONzoom controllers (+ a few other people who reported the same issue) all start with 00:26:5C.

@stabwound: the dongles that I own are listed in Post #85.

I also recently bought this Belkin Dongle.

soyo reported that this Plugable Dongle works well.
(05-15-2013, 09:43 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: I noticed that the MAC Address of your and zoomHYPERIONzoom controllers (+ a few other people who reported the same issue) all start with 00:26:5C.

That probably indicates that we all have the same type of fake ps3 control. The only way you can tell its a fake one is by openning it. The exterior, include the package, is identical, to the minimal details, to a real ps3 controller.

As for the modification in the source code, i tried but it did not worked.
The computer beeps and shows in the control panel as if the device was connected (xbox 360 controller) but the lights on the ps3 controller keeping flashing, until they turn off completely.
In the future, if you can think of another modification that might resolve the issue, please PM me.
And keep up the good work. Cheers.
Hi!
I am looking for a way to programmatically emulate an XInput device, and your wrapper seems to be the best approach for doing this! Do you think there would be a possibility to somehow add some interface to programmatically register and send input to a virtual Xinput device? Something like PPJoy or vJoy?