XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(05-19-2013, 09:51 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Fox: 125ms was chosen as a "best compromise" while testing with my non-REV DS3. Any lower and it would drop rumble request packets - either missing rumble effects or not turning them off, occasionally it would reset itself.

I was thinking of adding an Advanced option to allow manual tuning of the timer for next release.

Yes that would be great! I have one theory crossed my mind that non-REV DS3 have some kind of "fixed" rumble timer. For example it will rumble sanely on low timer only when last digit is by 5's (I think I made a dumb example but whatever lol), while A1/B1 DS3 doesn't have "fixed" timer so it can rumble alright on 16ms.

When that advanced option was added into next release, I will try to find sweet spot tuning for my non-REV DS3s.

Really looking forward to it! Biggrin

Sponsored links

(05-19-2013, 03:03 PM)Dragon0912 Wrote: Greetings everyone,
I have a problem downloading the latest version. For the first few seconds, I download normally, then it cuts off suddenly at random times. I could only download up to 4-5mb before it cuts off. If someone could upload it somewhere else, it would be appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Dragon0912

Same problem here, Scarlet said is working fine for him.. still not for me. Another user said he would Skype it so I might have to go that route though I don't have Skype on my HTPC. It happens on the attachment and the Download link. It stops after a few seconds with error.

Must be ISP or location related...friend downloaded it and sent it to me..wouldn't work here or at my Work internet either.

Question Scarlet, is there some way to make the pairing done without plugging in? My HTPC is behind screens so I can't access a connector without removed doors and screens. Not a huge problem but just curious. Guessing the answer is no or you would have designed it another way Smile
@Muguetsu: ok, so making some progress.

1053 -> The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Can you time how long between clicking Start and the error message popping up? [Default start-up timeout should be 30secs]

@M0rbidFates: can you do the following -

1. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
2. Restart the Service (or reboot your PC).
3. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
7. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
9. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
10. Wait 30 seconds.
11. Zip up your ScpDriver.log and ScpService.log and post as an attachment.

@NewYears1978: the only way to pair a DS3 is via USB, it does not allow pairing over Bluetooth.

Do you have another PC/Laptop on which you can install a driver? If so you can pair it using the ScpPair tool [included in the SCP-DS3-Driver-Package-1.0.0.103-Tools.7z on Post #1]

1. On your HTPC, open ScpDriver.log. Your BTH MAC Address will be listed after -- Master.
2. On your PC/Laptop - Plugin your DS3 to USB.
3. Run ScpDriver.exe, uncheck Configure Service and Bluetooth Driver, click Install.
4. Extract the Tools archive and copy ScpPair.exe to the same directory you ran ScpDriver from. [It uses ScpControl.dll - so must be in same directory]
5. Run ScpPair.exe.
6. Enter the MAC Address you obtained from Step 1 and click Set.
7. DS3 is now paired to your HTPCs Bluetooth Dongle.
8. Close ScpPair.
9. Test on your HTPC.

You can Uninstall the driver from your PC/Laptop after completing the above.
(05-20-2013, 06:25 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Muguetsu: ok, so making some progress.

1053 -> The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Can you time how long between clicking Start and the error message popping up? [Default start-up timeout should be 30secs]

With the first message, the bar actually started to fill, but in two seconds, it stopped and the message popped

With this one now, it doesn't even star to fill and the message pops basically the moment I click Start
@Muguetsu: can you run regedit, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control.

Check if there is a ServicesPipeTimeout value set, report back what it's value is set to.
(05-19-2013, 12:04 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @HolySt4r: added an update for your hardware id, see Post #1.

It worked perfectly, thank you again Scarlet.Crush!
[attachment=44301][attachment=44302]
(05-20-2013, 07:24 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Muguetsu: can you run regedit, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control.

Check if there is a ServicesPipeTimeout value set, report back what it's value is set to.

Checked everywhere in regedit, there's no folder named like that, even checking just after trying to start the service
first i wanna start off with this is an AMAZING program. replaced motionjoy with this EASLY so thank you for all the hard work x3. been using this for a day now with no problems...till i wanted to try out bluetooth and it seems my bluetooth isnt supported =x.

its definitively not a priority so no rush but itd be awsome if you could get mine to work x3

its USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2021

again thank you for such a wonderful program =3
@Scarlet.Crush: Where would I find the SCPDriver.log and SCPService.log?
@Muguetsu : can you clarify - you don't see the folder or you don't see the value? [see screenshot]

Post a screenshot of regedit.

@Psycoms: added an update for your hardware id, see Post #1.

@M0rbidFates: you'll find them in your install directory. See first screenshot in Post #937.

The .log extension may be hidden if you haven't changed your folder options.