XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Ok, I finally managed to install the driver to my dongle and not my integrated Bluetooth card.

I managed to do this by opening up my laptop and physically disconnecting the card and then it was just a matter of installing the scp driver onto my dongle and then connecting the card back.

I wouldn't recommend this method to people who still have their laptops under warranty though. But it'll do until an easier method pops up.

Many thanks to Scarlet Crush for making this wonderful tool for us.

Sponsored links

Hey, could I have support for my Bluetooth dongle added please?

USB\VID_13D3&PID_3362

Thanks.
(06-22-2013, 10:39 PM)Trafford Devil Wrote: Ok, I finally managed to install the driver to my dongle and not my integrated Bluetooth card.

I managed to do this by opening up my laptop and physically disconnecting the card and then it was just a matter of installing the scp driver onto my dongle and then connecting the card back.

I wouldn't recommend this method to people who still have their laptops under warranty though. But it'll do until an easier method pops up.

Many thanks to Scarlet Crush for making this wonderful tool for us.
One way I found after installing the driver was uninstall the BTH driver from device manager and click remove driver software. Then install the normal BTH driver through device manager. May need a restart to have the device show up again after the uninstall.

Aside from that, have to say thanks but if it's not too much to ask, are you planning anything for the DS4 controller?
I had no luck getting it to work with a dongle so I've been trying to just go by USB but no matter how many times I reinstall (and I'm kind of unsure about doing it more because it was hard enough for me to get it to work the way it is) I can only seem to get any sort of response while I manually have SCPServer running and can't automate it and even then, the controller continually disconnects and makes the USB removal sound even though it's still plugged in and it reconnects in a few seconds but it seems to be constant and happens during the middle of gameplay but *especially* when I've Alt+Tabbed to another application and then re-focus on the game/emulator

tl;dr is this a known issue where there's a constant disconnect-reconnect when using it with USB
let me try to understand something before I try using this technology. (so correct me if I'm completely off)

if I use this program, my DS3 won't be able to connect wirelessly to my PS3 anymore? is that what the dedicated bluetooth dongle note was about?

thanks so much, I'm a complete noob about all this stuff.
(06-24-2013, 06:08 AM)Leebee Wrote: let me try to understand something before I try using this technology. (so correct me if I'm completely off)

if I use this program, my DS3 won't be able to connect wirelessly to my PS3 anymore? is that what the dedicated bluetooth dongle note was about?

thanks so much, I'm a complete noob about all this stuff.

No. It's talking about connecting another bluetooth dongle in the same USB.

Of course, you can still use your Dualshock 3 on your PS3. If it doesn't connect wirelessly, just plug in the USB cable (from the DS3 to the PS3) once to link it up to the Playstation again.

Now, anyone can tell me why my controller doesn't rumble? I followed all the steps but it doesn't rumble in any game.

Do I have to do something?
I've installed the driver using the package at the top of the OP. I checked that my bluetooth dongle was supported, and it was. It seems to have installed perfectly. The game controllers menu in Control Panel seems to recognize it as "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)". My bluetooth dongle seems to be disabled. When I plug the PS3 controller in via USB it works fine and I can use it however I like, and it emulates a 360 controller perfectly.

However, when I unplug the USB cable and try to use it wirelessly, it just automatically boots up my PS3 system and switches to controlling that instead. Am I missing something in the process? Apologies if I am.

EDIT - Apologies, I figured it out. I just had to hard-switch the PS3 off, as opposed to it being on standby. Thanks for this brilliant driver. It works flawlessly Smile
(06-22-2013, 01:17 AM)Eiodalin Wrote: i really would like to use your DS3 tool but i have this issue every time i try to boot run the service

i am running windows 8 os i don't know if it make a difference
You do not manually run the service, it should be running already. Make sure that your service is actually not installed instead of not running. I had an issue where the installation did not create the service, so I added it manually.

If you need to, the following command creates a windows service—this was my work around.
Code:
sc create [SERVICE NAME] binPath="[PATH TO SCPSERVICE]"
Smile Hello Scarlet Crush. Thanks a lot for your wrapper. It's amazing and useful and I love it. So more than anything, I want to thank you for it!

I also thought there's something I should make you know, in case you weren't aware. Some old games like Final Fantasy VII for PC have a problem with the 360's D-Pad and R2 and L2, and it won't recognize them at all. So unfortunately, a 360 controller alone won't suffice for all games on PC. In case you want to do something about it. But I can't ask for more xD, I'm pretty happy with how it is right now.

Oh and thank you so much for adding a way to turn it off xD. I've been putting my computer to sleep only to unplug the controller without turning my PS3 on, hahaha.
Scarlet.Crush, thank you for providing us all with this solution to our PC gaming needs. I followed the instructions you left us in post 1 to the letter, but for some reason my DS3 controllers are not pairing with my dongle.

Attached you will find the requested logs and a few snapshots of Device Manager/Hardware IDs/Devices and Printer showing that the controller was installed successfully. I'm able to use them without a problem connected to the USB cable but no matter how many times I reconnect them after waiting 30 second intervals in between I'm not getting a Bluetooth connection.

Could you help me out trying to identify what I'm doing wrong? Should I be pressing the PS button at any point in particular to trigger pairing? Is there a way I can pair the controllers using the ScpPair tool while connected via USB?

Thanks again for the time you have taken to help out your fellow gamers in need.

Cheers,
Leo

Update: Including an additional screenshot. Why does it say Host Address : Disconnected on the left?

[attachment=44727]

Update2: I'm noticing that my bluetooth device is still able to connect with my cellphone after doing everything. If I have read correctly throughout the thread, I shouldn't be able to do this. Is the Bluetooth simply not becoming the dedicated DS3 dongle as it should be doing?

[attachment=44729]

FinalUpdate: IT WORKS!!!!Biggrin THANK GOD!!!! After COUNTLESS failed attempts I found a post by ElDudorino (link) which solved the problem for my Iogear GBU521 running Windows 7 x64. All it took was to Uninstall ScpDriver and then Install it using the Force Install checkmark and PRESTO!!! Tonight I will sleep and sleep good.

ElDudorino, if you ever get to read this post, THANK YOU!