XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
EDIT: GOT IT WORKING

HELP:: Wont connect via bluetooth.....

Hey everyone, trying to get this working with my ASUS BT400 Bluetooth adapter. Its 4.0 and backwards compatible for all old bluetooth. I've read other members getting it working...

1. So I've installed all the drivers, I had to manually install the BT driver via device manager (is that okay?)
2. I have two controllers hooked up no problem wired.
3. If I unplug the controller, the MONITOR reads "reserved", but wont ever actually connect via bluetooth. I've tried hitting the reset button on the DS3, and then the PS button. All my remotes are real, came in new ps3 system. Just cant go bluetooth.
4. My monitor reads: Host address:00:02:72:c6:98:26 / HCI VERSION: 6.5442 / LMP VERSION: 6.8718, with PAD 1: and PAD 2: displaying changing numbers and "charged".....
5. Tried turning off the SCP Service, (stop in Task manager) and running the pairing tool, I put in 00:02:72:c6:98:26 (is that my MAC address)? the option to pair does not light up....am I doing this right.
6. Spent 4 days browsing this thread and others....need a hand Smile!

SOOOO, basically im a little confused if I'm doing this right, really want to go wireless. I know other users have this working with the ASUS BT400, please help!

All that said, cheers to the developer, my days of MIJ are through, nice to see this 'mature' and light weight option for us all. Much appreciated!

Sponsored links

(11-10-2013, 02:16 AM)an3k Wrote: I appreciate your work (I wouldn't even know where to start) and hope it is what you or others are looking for but for me it's exactly what I do not want. And I'm just a bit angry because someone said it is better than MotionInJoy and now I have to reinstall my system.

Don't think reinstalling your system is necessary

1. go into your device manager, at the top click view - show hidden devices -
2. manually uninstall the drivers for your bluetooth and PS3 controller (if you see anything from this developer, delete that as well (make sure you click "DELETE the old drivers" in the box.)
3. Unplug and re-plug in your devices, windows will automatically install the original drivers.
4- You can start fresh installing your cherished Motion in joy.

EDIT: Bluetooth dongle ASUS BT-400, ID - USB\VID_0B05&PID_17CB - for the INf.
EDIT: Got it working
EDIT 3: GOT IT TO WORK - Okay so incase anyone is having similar problems, I basically re-installed everything in the c:/ directory. Then after getting it working usb, I unplugged my controllers, and hit the reset button on the DS3 for a few seconds, suddenly it actually connected. So it seems too much tinkering is bad, start from scratch and install it in c://. I also opened the folder options and made it full modifiable by all users and admin, not sure if that made a difference, but worth a shot if you are having trouble. Also, its worth running in advanced start up when doing the driver install, otherwise you may run into problems.

THANK YOU XINPUT WRAPPER! YOU ROCK

EDIT: I got the pairing tool working, the mac address I've input is the same as the HOST ADDRESS that comes up on the service monitor. Is that the correct mac? Regardless, even on another computer the ps3 controllers are showing the address as the MAC which is what was on the bluetooth dongle under device manager before I updated the driver. Still not getting wireless connectivity. Sad

EDIT 2: \

1.Okay I uninstalled everything, made a new folder in c:/SCP-
2. Started my pc with driver signature enforcement off, my bluetooth ID added to the inf.
3. Everything installed fine, bluetooth dongle listed on the scpdriver page. (*used force install)
4. Started up my scp service, everything looks dandy.
5. Bluetooth still not working. I've uploaded a pic to IMGR of what the server shows when I plug and unplug my controllers and dongle.
6. I've also added a screen shot of the pairing tool (service off). The numbers there (00:02:72:c6:98:26) is the MAC shows in device manager under the bluetooth dongle (ASUS bt400) before installing the scp driver. Is that correct?

Server page - http://i.imgur.com/NwDKfkx.jpg
Pairing tool - http://i.imgur.com/VdkpWXd.jpg
log from install - http://i.imgur.com/3wMiY34.jpg
Big fan of this bt/xinput wrapper. Recently i reinstalled windows, and now I've lost all connectivity. Software doesn't seem to install properly. Before it was working with both usb and bluetooth. No neither are working. I have three PS3 controllers, and none of them are detected by the software. I also upgraded to Windows 8.1 to see if that would fix the problem, no such luck. It's identical in both Windows 7 and 8.1 environments.

I've made sure direct x, .net runtimes, and c++ are all properly installed. I've had to manually remove the entries in device manager and try again multiple times with no luck. Is there something I'm overlooking? Because I'm at a loss of what else I can try here besides buying a PS4 controller later this week.
Need a little help connecting via bluetooth. The ScpService file says my DS3 and dongle paired but if I disconnect I just get blinking lights and then no connection. Tried doing the paperclip reset while plugged in, and while unplugged. Tried unplugging and replugging BTH dongle...

Also, I don't see ScpService.exe running in my task manager... Am I doing something wrong? The controller works perfectly when plugged in and I have no issues there just the bluetooth connection.

Attached Files
.txt   ScpService.txt (Size: 17,63 KB / Downloads: 360)
.txt   ScpDriver.txt (Size: 2,39 KB / Downloads: 353)
(11-12-2013, 08:35 AM)Wigginns Wrote: Need a little help connecting via bluetooth. The ScpService file says my DS3 and dongle paired but if I disconnect I just get blinking lights and then no connection. Tried doing the paperclip reset while plugged in, and while unplugged. Tried unplugging and replugging BTH dongle...

Also, I don't see ScpService.exe running in my task manager... Am I doing something wrong? The controller works perfectly when plugged in and I have no issues there just the bluetooth connection.

I'm no expert but as you can see above I was struggling with a similar issue.
Here are a few things to look for.

1- The SCPservice will be running in the task manager, under SERVICES, not under applications. So it can be stopped there.

2- When you are running the monitor (while the service is running) do you see a host address on the left for the bluetooth? it should look like this - http://s14.postimg.org/6txmre8dd/yhiuob.png

3- If you see your host that means the bluetooth driver should have installed okay, if not, your INF. file will need to have your bluetooth ID added. let us know.

4a- Have you checked to make sure your ds3 controllers are paired to your bluetooth via the pairing tool? (can be downloaded here - " http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...er?page=56 "
4b- once you have the tool, stop the scp service in your task manager (under services) and run the pair tool. You will need the MAC address of your dongle (should be in a format like this 00:43:3b:43:00). If you have not obtained that address from before installing your bluetooth driver, you will need to roll the bluetooth dongle to its original driver (or uninstall it and let windows put the driver automatically when you reconnect it) and find your mac address in the device manager under the bt driver properties). NOTE: you will need them connected via usb to use the pairing tool. If you get any errors as I did, I recommend starting from scratch directly in your C:// directory. Make a new folder (eg. C://SCP-) and extract the scp file AND the scp tool together at once, uninstall all drivers and reinstall.

5- So assuming your ds3 controllers are now paired via the tool, your monitor shows a host address and the controllers are shown charging, your should be able to unplug the controller, hit the reset button a few times, hold your breath and see them connect.

All in all, I did have everything set up and it still didnt work, I started from scatch, uninstalled everything, and did it again from the C:// directory and somehow it worked. Spent 4 days trying to figure it out, the important thing is you have all the drivers installed, your dongle is supported/you've added the ID in the device manager to the INF file etc. Follow the instructions on post #1 to the T and you should be fine.

good luck, sorry if I wasnt much help, I understand your frustration though.
Thanks for the reply. Good to know where the ScpService is.

It does show the Host address and the controller address.

I thought I read that they paired automatically. In the log it says that they paired but I will try the pairing tool when I get home later tonight and see if that helps at all. Just to clarify I need the mac address of it from before I installed custom drivers? That seems odd.

I'll fiddle with it more later tonight and see if I can work it out. Thanks for the tips.
Hey Wiggins,

Don't worry about uninstalling the bluetooth driver if it is showing up as the host in the scp monitor with a legit series of numbers (HOST -26:03:1..etc). That is your MAC address. (I wasn't seeing that in my first try, so in that case I had to uninstall the driver to get the MAC from the original driver properties. )

So download the pair tool, throw it in the "scp/ scpserver/ bin<-- folder"
then turn off the service in the task manager, and run the pair tool. Input the mac number from your host and if you can click 'set' you should be fine. Remember, your ps3 controller is trying to connect to the PS3, so its automatically searching for an alternate MAC address, for some maybe the pairing tool is not needed, but for me I had to re-set the mac to my dongle in order to get BT.
Once thats done, start up the scp service, and make sure your controllers are connected well in USB, unplug them, reset them with a paperclip, push the PS button, and wait.

Again good luck, I almost never get involved with forums but this tool is a god send!
Hey guys,

i recently updated my windows 8 to 8.1 and after that the bluetooth stoped connecting to the controllers. If i use USB it works like a charm. Any clue?