XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(11-14-2013, 11:54 PM)RetroGaming Wrote: Well unfortunately no luck. I do see still that I get "Unknown blue tooth devices peripheral" listings in the Device manager. Guess I'm not sure what to do here. Couldn't even get the pairing tool to work and function like it should (had an unpassable error screen).

Hmmmm.... Bet it is something simple. I've gutted it and tried redoing it so many diff ways / times though not sure where to go from here. Sadly maybe I'll have to try and have someone walk me through it step by step or something of that nature..

Dude, it was totally a pain in the rear for me as well. I got the same thing happening where the pair tool would error out no matter what I did. I started from scratch, for what it worth, this is what I did to the T.

1- I uninstalled all the drivers I had been mucking around with
2- I started a new folder directly in C:// directory
3- I unzipped all the downloads (pair tool plus scp installer etc) into C://SCP *(note: the pair tool has to be in the BIN folder)

3 b! - Okay so I read the forum, your bluetooth dongle was supposedly added to the INF. file, but I checked mine and it's not there. This file I speak of allows the installer to find your bluetooth dongle and replace the driver. Anyways, I looked up your dongle hardware ID, it is USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000, I've added it to my driver file, and hosted it, here is a LINK . You will have to download that, and add it to this directory, overwriting the original. SCP-SCPSERVER-BIN-SYSTEM is the location. Dont know how you feel about downloading random stuff from the net, but there are instruction on modifying the INF yourself if you search the forum....
4- I plugged in the controllers and dongle, and let windows install the default drivers
5- I made sure the xbox 360 remote drivers were installed (in my case they were so I didn't have to do anything) LINK
6- I restarted the computer with Driver Signature Enforcement off.
7- Went to the task manager to make sure scpservice was not running
8- before I actually tried installing drivers, I went to my C://SCP directory, went to the folder properties, security tab, and made sure all users had full control (even though I am the ADMIN, just did it to be sure as sure can be)
9- Right clicked - run as administrator - on the SCPDRIVER application.
10- Installed the drivers and looked in my device manager to make sure my ASUS bluetooth driver was overwritten with the scarlet crush driver
11- again checked the SCP service was off in the task manager
12- Ran the pairing tool (which for some reason is no longer giving me an error now) with ps3 controllers connected via usb one at a time, and input my MAC address (the host numbers on the scp server that look something like this >>> 00:23:44:56:34 <<<) Clicked set
13- Started the scpservice in task manager
14- turned scpserver app on, and checked that my bluetooth host address was on (I think I had to plug and unplug it)
15- connected controllers via usb- saw that they worked properly via the tool in (SCP-BIN- WIN64- SCPUSER.EXE) you can see joystick and button response there.
16- unplugged and sighed when they didnt connect to the bluetooth
17- got upset and angrily reset the controller like a rabid beast over and over
18- somehow it showed me in the scpserver that it had connected via bluetooth
19- cried in victory and connected my pc to my tv
20- returned to forum in an attempt to help you and others, even though I'm generally OKAY with computers but not a wiz like most people posting here EG SCARLETTCRUSH who we love.

Good luck!

Sponsored links

(11-15-2013, 12:57 AM)tolstoy635 Wrote: Dude, it was totally a pain in the rear for me as well. I got the same thing happening where the pair tool would error out no matter what I did. I started from scratch, for what it worth, this is what I did to the T.

1- I uninstalled all the drivers I had been mucking around with
2- I started a new folder directly in C:// directory
3- I unzipped all the downloads (pair tool plus scp installer etc) into C://SCP *(note: the pair tool has to be in the BIN folder)

3 b! - Okay so I read the forum, your bluetooth dongle was supposedly added to the INF. file, but I checked mine and it's not there. This file I speak of allows the installer to find your bluetooth dongle and replace the driver. Anyways, I looked up your dongle hardware ID, it is USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000, I've added it to my driver file, and hosted it, here is a LINK . You will have to download that, and add it to this directory, overwriting the original. SCP-SCPSERVER-BIN-SYSTEM is the location. Dont know how you feel about downloading random stuff from the net, but there are instruction on modifying the INF yourself if you search the forum....
4- I plugged in the controllers and dongle, and let windows install the default drivers
5- I made sure the xbox 360 remote drivers were installed (in my case they were so I didn't have to do anything) LINK
6- I restarted the computer with Driver Signature Enforcement off.
7- Went to the task manager to make sure scpservice was not running
8- before I actually tried installing drivers, I went to my C://SCP directory, went to the folder properties, security tab, and made sure all users had full control (even though I am the ADMIN, just did it to be sure as sure can be)
9- Right clicked - run as administrator - on the SCPDRIVER application.
10- Installed the drivers and looked in my device manager to make sure my ASUS bluetooth driver was overwritten with the scarlet crush driver
11- again checked the SCP service was off in the task manager
12- Ran the pairing tool (which for some reason is no longer giving me an error now) with ps3 controllers connected via usb one at a time, and input my MAC address (the host numbers on the scp server that look something like this >>> 00:23:44:56:34 <<<) Clicked set
13- Started the scpservice in task manager
14- turned scpserver app on, and checked that my bluetooth host address was on (I think I had to plug and unplug it)
15- connected controllers via usb- saw that they worked properly via the tool in (SCP-BIN- WIN64- SCPUSER.EXE) you can see joystick and button response there.
16- unplugged and sighed when they didnt connect to the bluetooth
17- got upset and angrily reset the controller like a rabid beast over and over
18- somehow it showed me in the scpserver that it had connected via bluetooth
19- cried in victory and connected my pc to my tv
20- returned to forum in an attempt to help you and others, even though I'm generally OKAY with computers but not a wiz like most people posting here EG SCARLETTCRUSH who we love.

Good luck!

Beastly post!

This thing has me burned out sitting at the PC for two days trying to get it working. I have to work tomorrow and then head out of town for 4 days and come back and work another two. When I get to my next day off on Friday I'll definitely give it one more whirl with this amazing step by step post you just built me.

I'll have to double check the process you wrote up because I think there were a couple things I might need a little more guidance on. I'll drop you a PM if so.

In any case, a huge thank you for spending your time helping me out. Those posts must have taken a great deal of time!

Will catch up with you in a week ~
dude, I feel your pain, I literally spent my weekend trying to make it work so I can finally enjoy PC gaming on my television. I actually made a 16 foot or so usb extension out of speaker wire in all this fury. Thatswhy I'm trying to help. My only advice is to keep trying from scratch, I fiddled for 2 days before going back to zero and nailing it.

Kudos, pm me any questions and Ill keep an eye on it.
Well, it seems that nobody cares about my problem Laugh

Anyway, now I found this post: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...#pid290899 and looked at Scarlet.Crush responses - there's no support for not-genuine Sony controllers. Ok, but... If my PS3 can work with that "fake ds3 controller" it means it's technically possible and the only thing to make it work is modify the driver - am I right?
Installed on Surface Pro 2 running windows 8.1 x64. Managed to get Service + driver installed but I had to toggle force install, otherwise it would just install the service without the driver but show no errors during the install. I should point out the controller works perfectly either by USB or Bluetooth.

Anyway, I'm having a problem running SCPUser.exe. It crashes with a 0xc0000142 error. Tried running it in compatibility mode for vista/7/8 with no luck, applied proper permissions etc, tried all versions of the exe I could find with no luck. I can see someone else also had this error (Page 162) but no one replied and I don't know if they got this fixed.

I thought this might be an 8.1 problem but I see that some people have run SCPUser with no issues on 8.1, so has anyone got anymore ideas?

Thanks
will...
scarlet update the supported dongle?

USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA&REV_7869
USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA
Success! Woohoo!!

Info:
pc: ancient Dell Optiplex gx520 running WinXP
controller: genuine Sony DS3 "Urban Camo"
Bluetooth transciever (dongle): TrendNET TBW-107UB from www.bestbuy.com ($13.99 w/free shipping)

I had the controller a week and a half before the Bluetooth dongle, so I used the drivers & controller with a usb cable. After the Bluetooth arrived, I plugged it in, waited until WinXP got done installing the default driver, then went into the Scarlet.Crush DS3 drivers directory(folder) and did the update procedure exactly like this:
step 1: net stop "SCP DS3 Service" (from cmd.exe)
step 2: scpdriver.exe, click force install, click install, wait for it...
step 3: net start "SCP DS3 Service"
step 4: Disconnected DS3 Controller from USB cable, pressed the PS button, and ... voila! Smile
at this point, I rebooted just to be sure... Yep, everything is running perfectly.

Thanks again, Scarlet.Crush! Your greatness is appreciated!
Well ok i got it start onwith bluetooth but then my default bluetooth gone.
Just wanted to say:
Very nicely done, working great for me!

Good job!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Double post FTW.

OMG this is so sweet. The DS3 is soooo much better than the ps2 controller I was using through adapter. That + these drivers and I have next to no input lag and my score in rhythm games has gone up by about 15%. No BS!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD