XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
You've got to be F*ing kidding me, after the force install, the bluetooth from my laptop has disappeared!!! its not there even in device managers

EDIT: Bluetooth comes back if i uninstall the drivers. Installing the drivers without force install only lets the controller work on USB

edit 2: im not on dongle, my laptop has bluetooth 4.0.

Edit 3: Well the ds3 runs on bluetooth except bluetooth doesnt show up, but i think thats how it works since bluetooth cant connect to other devices at the same time. Now theres only one question left, Do i need to uninstall the drivers everytime im done using the controller?

Sponsored links

@dink: when a report is received from the BTH device the Parse method on the DS3 object is called, the report is copied to an Event object and it's content parsed to check for button presses for Idle Timeout and Quick Disconnect and sets flags accordingly.

There is a 16ms timer which fires which runs a Process method to check the flags and calculates if the timeout thresholds have been met (2 secs for Quick Disconnect, user configurable for Idle Disconnect [default 10mins]).

There is a Publish method which bubbles up the report to the RootHub object which then sends it to the Bus driver (for XInput) and UDP (for Native feed if enabled).

I had moved the call to Publish from the Parse method to the Process method to de-couple Publish from Parse. The fix was to move it back to the Parse method, it implies that WinXP is not firing the Timer event every 16ms.

You can Uninstall the Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories after you have everything installed and up and running. The main reason for having it installed is to provide the X360 Controller drivers, WinXP & Vista don't have in-box drivers and the in-box drivers which shipped with Win7 are outdated (can cause system instability and BSODs).

The PS button can be mapped in PCSX2 using the supplied Lilypad. For PC games it can be used if the Game is aware of it. Steam uses it to pop-up it's Big Picture mode.

@dontspamrob: Yes it's possible. Here is what I do - After installing the drivers
1. Stop the Service [net stop "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use Service Control Manager]
2. Pull out the dongle you want to use for DS3/DS4 use.
3. Open Device Manager, expand Universal Serial Bus Devices.
4. Double click on your BTH Dongle.
5. Select the Driver tab.
6. Click Update Driver.
7. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
8. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
9. Select the driver you want installed. (usually Generic Bluetooth Adapter)
10. Click Next.
11. Click Close.
12. Plug the other dongle back in.
13. Start the Service [net Start "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use Service Control Manager]

@silbery: do not install it anywhere under Users - User directories are Shell Folders and are mapped when you login, they may not be available at boot time (eg "My Documents" is mapped to C:\Users\<user name>\Documents when the Desktop becomes visible). These Shell Folders also have special permissions which may cause the service to not be able to start.

When you install the BTH drivers the dongle no longer appears in Bluetooth Radios (since it no longer uses the Windows Bluetooth driver). It appears in Universal Serial Bus Devices as BTH DS3 Device (on Win7), may have a different name in Win8/8.1.

If you only have one BTH Dongle and want to use it for other devices, then yes you will have to Uninstall everytime.

The other option is to get a second dongle, use 1 for DS3/DS4 use, the other for normal BTH devices. See answer above for how to configure this if both dongles are supported devices.
@dontspamrob: Yes it's possible. Here is what I do - After installing the drivers
1. Stop the Service [net stop "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use Service Control Manager]
2. Pull out the dongle you want to use for DS3/DS4 use.
3. Open Device Manager, expand Universal Serial Bus Devices.
4. Double click on your BTH Dongle.
5. Select the Driver tab.
6. Click Update Driver.
7. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
8. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
9. Select the driver you want installed. (usually Generic Bluetooth Adapter)
10. Click Next.
11. Click Close.
12. Plug the other dongle back in.
13. Start the Service [net Start "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use Service Control Manager]

That worked great thanks!
after i updated the service wont automatically start anymore, extremely annoying.

edit: why does it needs admin status now because before it automatically started and how do i get it to start on the user account i use now.
@eses: most common reason for the service not to be able to start is that it is marked as blocked. Right-click ScpService.exe, select Properties, click Unblock. Repeat for ScpControl.dll & ScpMonitor.exe.
(12-21-2013, 03:40 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @eses: most common reason for the service not to be able to start is that it is marked as blocked. Right-click ScpService.exe, select Properties, click Unblock. Repeat for ScpControl.dll & ScpMonitor.exe.
First Thank You Scarlet.
I was fighting with Motionjoy for one mounth.
I tried many solution I also modified the inf file of motionjoy to add my integrated bluetooth id receiving just blue screen and having to restore my system.
I am here to help other users:
In your BthWinUsb.inf there was not my bluetooth device so i could not use also your program was not able to let me play wireless so i added 2 lines in the bluetooth compatible device list:
%DeviceName% = USB_Install, USB\VID_13D3&PID_3362&REV_0001
%DeviceName% = USB_Install, USB\VID_13D3&PID_3362

To have a bluetooth device i had install one external dongle, installation was perfect but the result was that it made me loose all your drivers, restore system was not enough but your uninstall worked good and i re installed the integrated BT with your driver so i can play games in my TV (that is located in another room... it is fantastic... thank you again T T) and everithing worked without problems.
So... thank you again.

Finally i have one question: i have no PS3 only DS3, your does your program recognize the DS3 keyboard or not? I ask you this cause if i buy it i buy only to use with your program and i do not want to trash money.
Finally i would like to add... thank you again.
Thanks again for the info, fix and help Smile

One more thing, is it possible to get the PS button to show up in DirectInput as a button? All of the emulators that I use (8 bit stuff like C64, MSX, Colecovision, etc) use DirectInput, and I did some tests and can't seem to get it to work in them, or in a little test proggy reading js.rgbButtons w/IDirectInput*_GetDeviceState()

best regards,
- dink
@Paladine: it's not something that I have looked at or implemented, I don't own a DS3 Keyboard. I use a Microsoft Wedge Keyboard and Mouse connected to a second BTH dongle on my HTPC.

@dink: the Microsoft X360 Controller drivers are responsible for providing the DInput reports, this is fixed format so there is no room to add buttons ...
@Scarlet.Crush: alright, thats not a problem (just a curiosity). Massive thanks for all your help and time Smile

best regards,
- dink
Can't make the bluetooth work, everything else is just fine, already tried pairing with ScpServer but it gets rejected when I press the PS Button.
Already tried de bluetooth with motioninjoy and works just fine, I just don't want to use motioninjoy.
Can someone help me?
On ScpService it doesn't pair automatically, and yes I checked the ScpMonitor.

--
What happens when i plug my ds3 with usb using scpserver (works fine) and then unplug, and press the PS button (on image 1)

--
So, I managed to find the fix to my problem here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...#pid332778

But still, when I try to reinstall the drivers and run ScpServer, this happens: (image2)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)