XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(05-21-2013, 12:50 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: it's a confirmation that your dongle doesn't support fully support EDR. Zip up your ScpService.log and post as an attachment, so I can check the HCI_Version.

Hey Scarlet. I got my original DS3 working by using the micro usb cable but I couldn't with bluetooth. I checked and my device is in the compatibility list and I got the "BTH 00000000 None" message on the monitor. I attach my scpservice.log to see if you can help me please on getting it working. Thanks in advance and great work by creating this tool.

Attached Files
.zip   ScpService.zip (Size: 1,07 KB / Downloads: 300)

Sponsored links

Not sure if I should post here for help or elsewhere; apologies in advance!

Using a standard DS3, I had SCP working just fine. I hooked up and installed a Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard, which I have since disconnected and uninstalled. I didn't mess with the DS3 at this point, so I don't know if it was working, but now, my DS3 doesn't work at all via SCP. It shows up in the SCP monitor app, and it even connects via Bluetooth and all, but it does not show up in joy.cpl and while the SCPUser.exe XInput test app shows it working, it does not work in any XInput games (nor DirectInput, as expected.) I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times.

What can I do to get it working again?
can you please add support for

USB\VID_0B05&PID_17D0&REV_0001
USB\VID_0B05&PID_17D0
Thanks for your work Scarlet.Crush, the ps3 controller is much better than a 360 one.
The driver is working well for me and the controller was ready to use in minutes - and best of all it emulates a 360 controller so I dont have to configure any emulators or games Smile

Thanks again!
(02-18-2014, 08:24 PM)neo0031 Wrote: I've been using this Wrapper/installer for a while now and I have been preaching for people to stay away from the poison that is MIJ.

This ScarletCrush wrapper has been working great for me with no problems until recently, for which I am forever grateful.

However, I've recently encountered a problem where Windows 7 would disconnect and reconnect the controller in game whenever Rumble is activated outside a certain timeframe, and the OS would play the USB connect sound. I am not sure if this problem has been reported before.

I am using the latest update (even though problem has occurred in previous literations) with a DS3 controller via USB, on Win 7 64bit.

Maybe a reinstall is my solution, but I think I would need some pointers on how to go about doing that.

Thank you.

UPDATE: A reinstall did NOT fix the problem.

One more bump in hope for help.
Hi, I was using MotionJoy with BT dongle but decided to change it so I have uninstalled MJ and tried to install SCP.

After installation has been completed I realized that DS3 is working when using a cable but the BT support is not.
I have found that my BT dongle is recognized as USB\VID_0A5C&PID_4500 (that is why the BT driver has not been installed ) which is a Generic USB Hub but when I have plugged the same dongle to different laptop it shows as USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2148 which is supported according to the provided list.

Can you tell me what happened and how to solve it? I would be really grateful.
This driver is excellent, well done Scarlet!

I used Zadig to successfully install the SCP drivers for my laptop's built-in bluetooth module.

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® 4.0 + HS Adapter
USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC&REV_0001
USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC

I just have a quick question; is there a way to temporarily disable the Bluetooth adapter with this driver? I don't want it to drain my laptop's battery when I'm not using it.

EDIT: After a while my PS3 controllers become unable to wirelessly connect with my laptop, and I have to revert to the Intel Bluetooth drivers and reinstall the SCP driver to get my controllers to connect again.
Since driver switching isn't super painful, I've resolved to keeping the Intel drivers so I can turn off Bluetooth, and will simply install the SCP driver whenever I need to connect more than 2 controllers.
Once again, thanks for this awesome driver!
Seems to work great for me. Uninstalled MotionJoy drivers and ran your installer...picked up my built-in BT adapter without issue.

I was happy enough with MotionJoy (I don't begrudge them their ad revenue), but my main problem with it was that the Bluetooth drivers would stop working after sleep or hibernation...each time I'd have to roll back and re-install to get it working again. This solution doesn't seem to have that issue.

Just a question though...does it just keep the server running in the background at all times? With MJ when I closed the program I believe the server itself shuts down. Is there a way to start and stop the server with this solution? I'd rather not have extra services running in the background at all times if I can avoid it.
(02-28-2014, 05:21 PM)Gimbulate Wrote: First off: thank you for these drivers; when I had them working they were flawless and way better than anything I had tried before.

I have recently re-installed Windows 7 and have gone to set up these drivers so I can play PCSX2 again. I am using all the same hardware that worked for me before, but now when I install the SCP drivers my Bluetooth icon disappears from my system tray and when I go into the settings it will not allow me to turn discovery on (which is what I imagine the issue of not being able to use my PS3 controller wirelessly is). I can check the box but it will not save, throwing an error message saying that the device might be unplugged. If I uninstall the SCP drivers then it works fine.

(Also: I am unsure this is related but on previous attempts to resolve this issue I could not even open the Bluetooth settings with SCP drivers installed; I would click on it and nothing would happen).

Thank you for any advice given Smile.

Bump!
hey! so I installed this and it works great for my ds3! is there any way for me to use my bluetooth headphones at the same time? I have a different bluetooth adapter I can dedicate to each, but they both register as a BTH DS3 device...any suggestions if this is possible?