XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
hey, great tool but having issues

i followed all instructions, my bluetooth dongle is under the compatible list and definately works, tested sending and recieving files from phone.

it works perfectly when connected via USB but when connecting through bluetooth it doesnt register anything, it seems to be paired and running SCPserver i can get the vibration feedback.

using the latest 1.2.0.160 version

Sponsored links

@Naks: run ScpMonitor.exe, if your seeing BTH 00000000 None it usually means that your Dongle doesn't support EDR.
hmm, any work around for that?
Hey there, I've been using this for a while and really like it, very useful. I've got a problem, though. Ever since I updated to Windows 8.1, nothing is picking up my controller, it simply stopped working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling pretty much everything and redoing the process to no avail, so I've got to ask, is this an 8.1 issue or did I do something stupid (which is most likely).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention, DS3 controller, using it just via USB, no bluetooth or anything.
Hello Scarlet.Crush

You made my day with the new version of driver Smile

thanks!
(03-13-2014, 05:04 AM)bubba Wrote: I just followed your instructions and I finally got it to connect with bluetooth. Thanks for the help! Just wondering though, what is SSP and why did I need to disable it?

Hello,
I'm glad it worked out for you Smile
SSP is Secure Simple Pairing protocol, which the Dualshock4 gamepads need to communicate over Bluetooth. Some USB Bluetooth dongles don't support SSP which is why that problem happens.

best regards,
- dink
@Scarlet.Crush: So far so good with the new version - great job my friend! Smile
(03-13-2014, 01:56 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: Your Dongle should not be visible as a Windows BTH Device after installing the drivers. It is likely that your Dongle is having issues with SSP. Update to 1.2.0.160, SSP is no longer required / used.

The updated version makes it so I can still access Bluetooth settings, which is a step forward, thank you Smile. But, the controller does not pair automatically; when I disconnect, the monitor just shows "reserved" and all of the port number lights on the controller repeatedly flash.
(03-13-2014, 01:37 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: It sounds like your USB subsystem is getting overloaded when your getting issues. DS3s can draw a lot of power when charging & rumbling. At a guess Awesomenauts doesn't use Rumble?

If you have multiple DSs - make sure they are not all connected to USB Ports on the same USB hub / Root hub. Personally I use an external powered USB 3.0 Hub which is capable of supplying 500 mA individually to each port.

@kirhidemi: it sounds like your USB cable is faulty (or power only - not data).

That makes a lot of sense & will almost definitely fix my issue. Thanks a lot Scarlet Smile
Hi. I'm using a DS3 on Windows 8. I also get the line
Quote:INFO - No matching devices found in INF "...\System\BthWinUsb.inf" on the Machine.
on install. Controller works fine on USB but not Bluetooth.

Here's my Bluetooth device ids (it's a Dell Inspiron laptop with onboard Bluetooth):

USB\VID_0CF3&PID_E004&REV_0002
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_E004

Please add the device. Thanks in advance.