XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(04-03-2014, 09:27 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @randito34: you have a fake controller [00:26:5C signature], please update to latest update. [will be posting 1.2.2.175 shortly]
Thanks buddy it's working now!

Sponsored links

(04-04-2014, 02:45 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: Can you enable the service to start automatically, reboot, when everything has finally started, stop the service, copy ScpService.log to ScpService_1.log.

Start the service manually, wait 10 seconds, copy ScpService.log to ScpService_2.log

Zip up ScpService_1.log and ScpService_2.log and post as an attachment.

Done; attached. I should note I took the liberty of upgrading to 1.2.2.175 before I began any of this. This should catch your attention, taken from ScpService_1.log:

Code:
2014-04-03 23:21:29.312 ++ C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\ScpService.exe 1.2.2.175
2014-04-03 23:21:29.328 ++ C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\ScpControl.dll 1.2.2.175
2014-04-03 23:22:29.390 ++
2014-04-03 23:22:29.390 -- Bus Open   : Offset 0
2014-04-03 23:22:29.390 -- Bus Open   : Path \\?\ROOT#SYSTEM#0003#{F679F562-3164-42CE-A4DB-E7DDBE723909}
2014-04-03 23:22:29.453 ## Mapper.Initialize() - Profiles [5] Active [Default] Mappings [0]

I see no OS identification string (maybe that's helpful to you?), but you can clearly see an almost-exact 60 second duration. I estimated 15-30, but turns out its a lot longer. This seems to correlate with your below concern, re: if I see long delays between the 2nd and 3rd lines...

Now from ScpService_2.log:

Code:
2014-04-03 23:23:36.328 ++ C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\ScpService.exe 1.2.2.175
2014-04-03 23:23:36.343 ++ C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\ScpControl.dll 1.2.2.175
2014-04-03 23:23:36.390 ++ Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600.196608 x86)
2014-04-03 23:23:36.390 -- Bus Open   : Offset 0
2014-04-03 23:23:36.406 -- Bus Open   : Path \\?\ROOT#SYSTEM#0003#{F679F562-3164-42CE-A4DB-E7DDBE723909}
2014-04-03 23:23:36.421 ## Mapper.Initialize() - Profiles [5] Active [Default] Mappings [0]

Happens nice and fast, as I'd expect. Likewise, the OS identification string is there. So it sounds like WMI isn't available immediately upon logging in, at least on XP. I have no idea how to debug this, but this is the only service behaving this way. :/

Scarlet.Crush Wrote:Check your Windows Event Log for any error / informational messages regarding WMI. I suspect that it may be having some issue when initially loading.

This was one of the first things I did, actually. My apologies for not disclosing that up front. I've gone through the Event Log (it's a lot less verbose in XP as I'm sure you know), under Application, Security, and System, but there's absolutely no indication of any errors or warnings or anything -- just purely informational messages about services starting up. There's nothing about WMI/Windows Management Instrumentation mentioned.

Scarlet.Crush Wrote:I've attached a version of ScpControl.dll with the OS Version Info call commented out, if you are seeing long delays between the 2nd & 3rd lines of the log try it out.

I'll give this a try and report back in a follow-up post.

Scarlet.Crush Wrote:Edit: There is no difference between XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 with how the drivers/service are installed and operate. The ScpDriver.exe installer only registers that it has selected a configuration as a legacy from when it installed an OS specific filter driver.

Ah okay, I made the assumption that on Windows Vista and above you had the service set to "Automatic (delayed)". Apologies for assuming that.

Attached Files
.zip   scpservice_logs.zip (Size: 1,19 KB / Downloads: 256)
(04-04-2014, 02:45 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: I've attached a version of ScpControl.dll with the OS Version Info call commented out, if you are seeing long delays between the 2nd & 3rd lines of the log try it out.

This version of ScpControl.dll COMPLETELY fixes the problem I reported. Awesome! Taken from ScpDriver.log (service set to Automatic):

Code:
2014-04-03 23:41:57.250 ++ C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\ScpService.exe 1.2.2.175
2014-04-03 23:41:57.281 ++ C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\ScpControl.dll 1.2.2.176
2014-04-03 23:41:57.281 -- Bus Open   : Offset 0
2014-04-03 23:41:57.296 -- Bus Open   : Path \\?\ROOT#SYSTEM#0003#{F679F562-3164-42CE-A4DB-E7DDBE723909}
2014-04-03 23:41:57.359 ## Mapper.Initialize() - Profiles [5] Active [Default] Mappings [0]

Sounds like to avoid this issue one should stick to native Win32 calls like GetVersionEx(). I know this means writing a gigantic function that creates the string for you based on all the OSVERSIONINFOEX struct data, but depending on what all you need to key off of that might not be necessary.

Anyway, consider me quite happy. Yay. :-)
After installing the driver with bluetooth on windows 7, I can never connect wirelessly.
When I unplug my controller, the driver 'crashes' and I have to manually restart the service.
After doing so, SCPMonitor says '<error>' next to the Host Address.

So disconnecting my controller causes the driver to crash...how can I use the controller wireless?
Please help!
Before:
[Image: SCP.jpg]

After:
[Image: SCP2.jpg]

Please Help!!!!
I have been trying for months! I am crying! I am upset and don't know where to turn!!!!
Everyone else's tutorials make it seems so easy!
Please help!!!!! (Don't ignore, if possible?)
(04-03-2014, 09:27 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @niqht: yes, the drivers support both DS3 and DS4 controllers connected at the same time.

@UlyssesSKrunk: can you do the following

1. Open an elevated command prompt [Runas Administrator]
2. cd C:\Temp [create C:\Temp first if you don't have it]
3. pnputil -e > pnputil.txt
4. Zip up pnputil.txt and post as an attachment.

@randito34: you have a fake controller [00:26:5C signature], please update to latest update. [will be posting 1.2.2.175 shortly]

@Hiazu: your dongle doesn't support Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), please update to latest update and Disable SSP in options. [will be posting 1.2.2.175 shortly]

@Mikhail0: does your controller support Rumble over BTH when connected to a PS3?

@x_berzerker: after installing just manually install the original drivers back on to your integrated BTH via Device Manager.

@Daytrader: yes, the drivers make your DS3 appear as an X360 controller.

@beachybed: start ScpService from the Service Control Manager. [Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services]

Also check that the Windows Event Log service is running.

@Abcdude: yes, the drivers support both DS3 and DS4 controllers connected at the same time.

@z_JoShua_z: you have a fake controller [00:26:5C signature], please update to latest update. [will be posting 1.2.2.175 shortly]

@kenshinjeff: can you reproduce your issue, then zip up ScpService.log && ScpDriver .log and post as an attachment.

@Enisey: fyi with 1 DS4 connected to my i7-2700K : ScpService uses 0.13%.

@JustinSaneV2: pressing the Reset button on your DS3 does not remove any Pairing which has been configured [the Paired MAC address is stored in non-volatile memory, serial e2prom iirc]. What it does do is remove power from the micro-controller and volatile memory, so that your DS3 starts up cleanly. Most common cause for erratic behaviour of a DS3 is that the firmware/volatile-memory has become corrupted, pressing the Reset button generally cures these issues.

Your issue is caused by the DS3 becoming disconnected from USB. There can be a few causes for this -

1. DS3 has become flaky (as above) - try a pin-hole reset.
2. Dodgy USB cable - verify your cable on another device, try another cable.
3. Dodgy USB Port/Hub - verify with another device, try a different port/hub.
4. Power draw on your USB Hub has exceeded it's capabilities [causes the USB Hub to lock up] - try to move your DS3 to a hub with no other devices attached.

I would hazard a guess that you are experiencing issue 4. Be aware that DS3s can draw a lot of power, especially during Rumble and Charging.

Non-Rev DS3 -> 5V, 500mA
A1 Rev DS3 -> 3.7V, 300mA

SixAxis -> 3.7V, 30mA
X360 Wired -> 5V, 400mA

So a Non-Rev DS3 has the highest potential power draw. Can you try disabling Rumble in options and see if your issues persist.

@Sky-Dragon: I'm not aware of any such adaptors.

@mooyah:

@solarnoise: missing button presses / lag on Bluetooth is caused by dropped BTH packets, this is generally caused by signal interference / range exceeded. Make sure your Dongle is in a front Panel port as far away from other RF devices as possible, try to maintain direct line of sight between Dongle and Controller, don't move out of Range (within ~5m should be no issue on a DS3, ~3m on a DS4).

@Nyx:
@bangarangatang:

see above response to JustinSaneV2.

FYI. The majority of my games collection (barring PCSX2 games) are on Steam, including Dead Souls. I have never experienced an issue using either DS3 or DS4 with the drivers on any Steam game.

@r2rX: the X360 Controller will remain "plugged in" while the service is running. This is to allow for transparent switching between BTH <-> USB, and Idle Disconnect/Reconnect. In ScpMonitor you will see the Pad being put in Reserved mode.

To clear X360 Controllers just restart the service. Or you can set it to Manual and Start and Stop the service as required. Alternatively, you can Disable the service and use ScpServer as required.

@borbran: DS3 controllers are recognised by their Mac address, sounds like your 3rd party controller is not presenting a consistant Mac address. Can you reproduce your issue, then zip up your ScpService.log and post as an attachment.

Thank you very much!
now pressure sensitivity is detected!
nice work!
PLS help me...

Scp worked GREAT for 2 days..
but today,when i wanted to play,i turned on the game,couldnt connect my controllers..i turned on ScpMonitor and all was disconnected...PLS
help i dont know what to do Sad
I TRIED EVERYTHINGG Sad( please help mee
I tried using this, did not work. ok.
The problem is- it killed my internal BT on my laptop. I tried manually removing the device drivers it installed (since the "uninstall" option in the installer does absolutely nothing), tried re-installing my BT driver, nothing.

Anyone has an idea what to do?
-in general, it would be good rather than to write "will not work with internal BT", to put a HUGE glowing neon sign with 5000 arrows saying "WILL KILL YOUR INTERNAL BT. BE WARNED". Seriously, i think i tried everything aside from reinstalling windows.
(04-03-2014, 11:07 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Gimbulate: I don't see your BTH Dongle getting recognised / initialised in the log. Can you check in Device Manager that your Dongle has the SCP Driver installed.

Note: If you have Windows Update configured to keep your drivers updated, it may download and install updated manufacturer drivers on to your Dongle.

I only see BTH DS3 Device. I uninstalled all SCP related things, though. Should I re-install and report after that? I know that seems basic, I just don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks for your responses, breaux Smile.
Hi there, I'm really interested in this driver but it seems almost as if the site is down, I can't download any of the attachments. Can someone perhaps host a mirror for these downloads, or host a torrent? It's like the 90s over here, I can't even get it to download more than 100k.
Hi
why the BTH host address is <Error> after turn on PC?