XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(08-15-2014, 04:25 PM)SageX85 Wrote: Personally I learned a long time ago to not look at the controller, and make a mental image of the buttons, so my mental process isnt like "Its asking me to press B, circle is supposed to be B, I'll press circle", more like a quick look at the controller an see button names and color, and since most controllers have 4 buttons in diamond shape, when the game shows a prompt to press i use that mental image and the finger responds.

something like this

[Image: xbox-controller-buttons-md.png]

The only gamepad that gives me problem is the gamecube one, and when i change from xbox to dreamcast a little time to adjust the colors.

Yeah I've gotten accustomed to the buttons but sometimes I have a mental block, plus I'm not the only one that uses the controller and it would be easier for people not familiar with both controllers to pick up and use.

I think I'm going to get some gloss Tamiya paint markers and put some dots in the space inbetween the buttons. This seems the easiest (I dont have to pull apart the controllers) and I'll be abe to keep the markers for when I eventually get a DS4.

(08-15-2014, 04:59 PM)MenDude Wrote: I don't really look at the controller, the button layout is pratically the same (except for the analog and d-pad).

Yes but games dont show all 4 buttons on screen, usually just a single replica of the xbox 360 button that needs to be pressed. Plus Its easier for people not familiar to use the ds3 with pc games.

Sponsored links

This wrapper/driver is quite simply fantastic.
And now I have Bluetooth working too (old dongle did not support EDR). It is quite-simply a dream come true.
I only wish there was a way to display the battery level etc. of a PS3 controller when I press the Guide (PS) button.
I found a freeware util on the web called Guide Call that allows the Guide button to be re-programmed to do other things which is useful.
But showing the battery level would be awesome Smile
But at least having SCP Monitor running allows the lights to blink if the battery level drops.
You guys are quite simply geniuses.

Thank you.
(08-16-2014, 12:58 AM)pcsx2un Wrote: Under BTH DS3 Device properties, the driver producer is "Scarlet.Crush Productions" and the "Roll back" option is greyed out. I can update the driver, but when I search for new drivers it says the best one is already installed. Halp!

*Note that my mouse didn't come with any drivers, I just let windows install the "Generic Bluetooth Radio" driver, and it worked great. How do I roll back to THAT driver?

When you click on "Update driver", click "Browse my computer for driver software". This may be worded differently on Windows 7 (I'm running Windows 8.1).
Then click "Let me pick from a list etc. etc." (or whatever it shows on yours).
A list of drivers should then show up in the box. "BTH DS3 Device" and in my case "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" and or "Bluetooth V2 Dongle".
If you select BTH DS3 Device you will simply re-install the Bluetooth driver for DS3.
So select any other one. "Generic Bluetooth Device" for example.
I had to to do this earlier when I plugged in my second Bluetooth dongle that I want to use for normal BT operations.

If you cannot find the Bluetooth device that you want to change the driver to, go to Device Manager, and scroll down near the bottom where you should see "Universal Serial Bus Devices.
Expand this entry and your Bluetooth Dongle/device should show there.
If you cannot work out, which one is the one you want to change the driver too, then simply temporarily disconnect your BT device which is used for your DS3.

I did this earlier, and I now have my new dongle working great for my DS3. And my old BT dongle being used for normal BT.
If you unplug and replug into the same USB port/hub, You should not have to re-do these steps.
But if you re-connect your second BT dongle into a new port HUB you may have to.
But I have a few spare USB ports at the rear of my PC so I keep it plugged in.

I hope this helps you in some way.
Any help with this fake DS3 controller ?? Sad

[Image: 9ifp8m.jpg]
[Image: jutjli.jpg]
[Image: 8x57om.jpg]

device USB ID :- "USB\VID_0E8F&PID_0208"

It recognize as PS gamepad not as PS3 controller
useless in both USB and Bluetooth Sad
help plz
So I get to work my Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® 4.0 + HS Adapter
of my Dell Inspiron 14R but after a restart, it doesn't work anymore. It only works again after I install the Dell/Win drivers again and then reinstall the SCP drivers to overwrite that.

So, any kind solution for built in bluetooth drivers so that they will work permanently with installing only once? This is pretty urgent for me as my DS3's usb port is loose and it disconnects consistently.
Hello guys, I've been looking around the web for quite some time but couldn't find any solution related to my problem, I'm using my ds3 controller with my built-in bluetooth adapter for an ASUS ROG, it works fine, but sometime after my computer has been working I need to reboot it, and after 30 minutes or so playing Castlevania Lords of Shadow, it just stop working and i need to restart the pc again, I think its a problem with this game, because I played Assassins Creed for more than one hour and had no problems. Anyone can help me with that issue?
Is there an easy way to Unreserve a pad? For some reason there's a reserved spot for Pad 2 which I never used.
On the laptop I can't manage to use the built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with ScpServer/Driver.
The usb method works though.What's the problem...?
Hello everyone. First thing I have to say is "Thank you all!", this tool has really been fantastic, and I've gained so much helpful info from everyone in this forum these past few months.

I do have a question that a searches here and elsewhere have yet to answer:
I'm using a DS4 controller (working great by the way), and I'm playing a lot of GameCube games (using Dolphin) with it. Though there's been this input lag that has driven me to the edge of madness. From what I've been able to gather the input lag in Dolphin is present due to the Xinput wrapper. Using the controller as the default "Wireless controller" direct input device corrects this problem. But obviously using the controller that way is going to cause it to lose compatibility with most other games, and functions.

Do any of you have a potential solution for this dilemma? Is there perhaps a way to automatically disable Xinput wrapper on a per-app basis? I have two bluetooth dongles, and have been plugging/unplugging them based on what I'm playing, but that's such a pain.

I'd greatly appreciate an ideas!
Thanks!
Just got it working with ASUS BT211(USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3002) and my knock-off "Defender Game Expert BT1"(054c:0268, of course). Defender is a local Russian-Chinese firm you would never hear about if not for this post.
Works great when it works but falls into miscommunication trap after some extensive time and manipulations more or less randomly. Nothing a service restart wouldn't fix.

Thanks for this elegant tool that does what x360ce and MiJ DS3 can't.
Going to build and worship a little altar to you.

I also have a "Thrustmaster 3-in-1 Dual Trigger" gamepad which is advertised to have PS2, PS3 and PC compatibility. The firm seems legit enough to me and the gamepad is kind of a legend in Dinput league but I just realized: I never saw anyone actually use it with PS3 and can't even find it in Google, not a video, not a picture, no real experience story even. Hardware switch on the body of the gamepad is supposed to alternate it between PC and PS3 modes but nothing seems to change when I set it to PS3 mode. And, if I remember right, there was no Bluetooth module inside last time I took it apart. Also no LEDs other than the ones under central buttons.
Has anyone here done any experiments with TM3i1DT(RF) ffs ?