XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Is there a way to 'unplug' the controller? Some games won't let you use keyboard if a controller is plugged in, and I can't figure out how to remove it from the windows controller list. The controller is unplugged/turned off and the scp monitor is off, I've tried disabling the service but the controller/s always remain in the windows controller list. Any help?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(08-30-2014, 03:57 PM)Vuth Wrote: Is there a way to 'unplug' the controller? Some games won't let you use keyboard if a controller is plugged in, and I can't figure out how to remove it from the windows controller list. The controller is unplugged/turned off and the scp monitor is off, I've tried disabling the service but the controller/s always remain in the windows controller list. Any help?

you gotta stop (or restart) the service

Quote:....
5. Stop the Service [net stop "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use Service Control Manager]
8. Start the Service [net Start "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use Service Control Manager]

If you need a quick access use batch files (create a txt file and change the file type to bat) here is working code, just copy&paste

start

Code:
@echo off

:: BatchGotAdmin
:-------------------------------------
REM  --> Check for permissions
>nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config

\system"

REM --> If error flag set, we do not have admin.
if '%errorlevel%' NEQ '0' (
    echo Requesting administrative privileges...
    goto UACPrompt
) else ( goto gotAdmin )

:UACPrompt
    echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    set params = %*:"=""
    echo UAC.ShellExecute "cmd.exe", "/c %~s0 %params%", "", "runas", 1 >>

"%temp%\getadmin.vbs"

"%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    exit /B

:gotAdmin
    pushd "%CD%"
    CD /D "%~dp0"
:--------------------------------------

net start "SCP DS3 Service"

stop

Code:
@echo off

\system"

goto UACPrompt
) else ( goto gotAdmin )

"%temp%\getadmin.vbs"

"%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    exit /B

pushd "%CD%"
    CD /D "%~dp0"

net stop "SCP DS3 Service"

If you want a toggle switch (if its running it stops it, if its stopped it runs it)

Code:
@echo off

\system"

goto UACPrompt
) else ( goto gotAdmin )

"%temp%\getadmin.vbs"

"%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    exit /B

pushd "%CD%"
    CD /D "%~dp0"

NET START "SCP DS3 Service" ||NET STOP "SCP DS3 Service"

Since you need administrator rights, it will open a UAC prompt
Thanks for the quick reply, worked (although not the .bats, but I don't mind).
However, having to stop the service to clear the controllers seems a bit redundant to me - the tool I used before this (DS4 Tool) removed the controller when it disconnected, why does this one keep it active, or 'reserved' as it says in the monitor?
For now I shall keep using that tool as I do not have to worry about it keeping a fake controller in the list.
(08-29-2014, 03:35 AM)wyfer Wrote: did you checked xinput in the controller settings? just tested with ridge racer 64 and it works. No need to select forcefeedback divice.

OMFG, lol I didn't check off xinput, so that's why. Thank you so very much! It work's now! Just tried with Smash Bro. hahaha
hey, can anyone help? i have installed the drivers and my computer detects the controller but if i try to use it in a game it doesnt work. here are my scpdriver and scpservice logs. thanks

Attached Files
.rar   scplogs.rar (Size: 807 bytes / Downloads: 184)
I thought I'd ask this. Now this is a very old game to have to use this in, but I cannot get the bottom L and R buttons to work with this at all in FFXI. And I'd really like to give my brother's controller back..which is why I was looking into using a PS3 controller. (Was testing this with his Sixaxis since I got the cord today. I'll be getting the actual Dual Shock 2 in a day or so.)

Does anyone know a configuration that will LIKE ffxi all together or am I screwed until I retire from the game? (That will be soon, I'm waiting for the final update on the last expansion). I just don't want to have to use two controllers, one of which isn't mine!
I still cant get it to work ive been trying to.. and just noticed that if i open xinput controller tester it shows no value for the buttons.. how can i fix this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-30-2014, 10:23 PM)maryadavies Wrote: I thought I'd ask this. Now this is a very old game to have to use this in, but I cannot get the bottom L and R buttons to work with this at all in FFXI. And I'd really like to give my brother's controller back..which is why I was looking into using a PS3 controller. (Was testing this with his Sixaxis since I got the cord today. I'll be getting the actual Dual Shock 2 in a day or so.)

Does anyone know a configuration that will LIKE ffxi all together or am I screwed until I retire from the game? (That will be soon, I'm waiting for the final update on the last expansion). I just don't want to have to use two controllers, one of which isn't mine!

This is an Xinput wrapper, it works as an Xinput controller, FFXI uses Directinput. On Xinput Left Trigger (L2) and Right Trigger (R2) work like axes, not like buttons, with scpmonitor you can remap L3 and R3 to L2/R2, or you can try using a software like joy2key, xpadder, pinnaclegameprofiler, antimicro, and emulate keyboard keys
Just started using the XInput wrapper and its been great!

I was wondering if it were at all possible to bring my computer out of sleep by turning on my DS3 that is paired with my PC. Is there any chance something like this could work?
I'll try Xpadder to fix it. (I have a official copy.)

Tried motioninjoy (which is hard to find but still works) but it does some..wierdstuff..with the emulator. Also bluescreened my PC, which is no-good.

If someone could add direct input to something like this sometime so I didn't have to do some wierdstuff to get XI to behave, I'd appreciate it!!! I am sure that FFXI is not the only game that doesn't like this and would rather not behave very well...

[Edit]Xpadder did the trick. I'll just have to figure out how to script load it when I load Playonline. At least this is only temporary. I estimate Seekers of Adoulin has only 2 more months, at most, that's when I'm thinking about retiring.