XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(03-13-2013, 09:46 AM)unvaluablespace Wrote: It's because the ds3 controller is paired with your ps3's Bluetooth. If you don't have Bluetooth to pair with on PC, then I don't think it will stop turning on your ps3 because the controller needs another device to pair with. Resetting the back of the controller should do the trick, but if its not working for you, then not sure what to tell you. It's a little finicky, but if you play with it long enough you should be able to get it to work. Try unplugging your ps3 to keep the ds3 controller from attempting to pair with it, then reset the controller with while nothing is plugged in. Wait about 30 to 60 seconds and then plug the controller into the PC, but don't turn the controller back on until it plugs into PC. Also you should be using a ds3 controller driver like Scarlett's, otherwise without proper drivers, the PC won't know how to pair with the ds3 controller. I think it only works with Bluetooth though, but I could be wrong when it comes to pairing. :$

Thank you very much for the reply. I will try as you suggested and report back with the results. I am using Scarlett's driver as I'm able to use the controller perfectly with the PC when I have it plugged in. It's just when I unplug it where things get annoying on the PS3 end. I don't have a bluetooth adapter, but will have to look into getting one if this doesn't work. Any suggestions on the most compatible adapters?

Sponsored links

(03-07-2013, 05:17 PM)Toray Wrote: Has anyone gotten a DS3@USB working in Trials Evolution Gold Edition?

Doesn't seem to work for me copying the 32bit version of XInput1_3.dll in the game folders, no matter where.
Running the test application in the background also won't help.

Any hints would be appreciated, and thanks to the author - really great to finally play with the DS3 in many games.

Place XInput1_3.dll in the datapack folder (there should be a bunch of other dll files too) and rename it to XInput9_1_0.dll
That worked for me Smile

Also great job on this tool, no more pesky MotionInJoy!
After about a week of use, it looks like these drivers have permanently damaged my controller. It has troubles connecting, and only randomly turns on when I plug the cable in. While connected, the right stick's center point is off and is skewed so that the stick points a little up by default. This lasts for about half a minute before the control no longer responds at all. The light on the controller stays lit for a few minutes before the controller just shuts off.

It has this behaviour whether I connect it to my laptop or PS3.
That's very unlikely to happen, Zeddidragon.
The DS3 software is read only so if you have any trouble, you should be
able to reset it by pairing it with your PS3 once.
Fact remains I have a bricked controller here. Like I said, I've already paired it up with my PS3 where it continues to be broken. I've also tried the reset button, which did not seem to help any with the matter.
(03-13-2013, 06:09 PM)xeon Wrote: Place XInput1_3.dll in the datapack folder (there should be a bunch of other dll files too) and rename it to XInput9_1_0.dll
That worked for me Smile

Also great job on this tool, no more pesky MotionInJoy!

Thank you, that works kinda.

Having a DS3 and a 360 controller on both accelerating/braking works fine with triggers but I'm having some trouble binding keys on the second controller though (360 controller) when both are active.

I wanted to bind braking to A (trigger for breaking still stays active, it's just easier to do nose-wheelies over an edge with button-taps) and restart checkpoint to X but it only works on the DS3 (where A is "cross" and X is "square") which designates itself as Gamepad1.
Can't seem to rebind the 360 controller on Gamepad2(or 3 and 4), it just backs out of the button-binding process of the current button when I press anything on it (which is normal if you press anything on the other controller which isn't the one to be bound atm).
I can however rebind Gamepad1 with my 360 controller's buttons, so the game kinda sees both controllers as Gamepad1 during binding, but in a local multiplayer game playing works fine, but the 360 controller uses the defaults of Gamepad2 then which haven't been rebound...not really sure what to make of this.

Maybe a better example in Single player:
If I switch to Gamepad1 and apply, I can rebind it with both controllers but only the DS3 works for actual driving.
If I switch to Gamepad2 and apply, I can rebind it with neither controller but only the 360 works for actual driving (with default bound keys all working).

Any further help is appreciated. Smile

PS: Rumble goes crazy, had to turn it off as it constantly goes off full-power on the DS3, while the 360 functions normally in that game with your workaround.
(03-13-2013, 11:26 PM)Zeddidragon Wrote: Fact remains I have a bricked controller here. Like I said, I've already paired it up with my PS3 where it continues to be broken. I've also tried the reset button, which did not seem to help any with the matter.

Hmmm sounds fishy if you ask me.... I've had at least 5 different controllers to use with Scarlett's drivers with no physical issue. 2-3 of them were even already broken gamepads, which Scarlett's drivers allowed me to put them to good use. I don't see how the drivers could damage a controller. Have you tried holding down the ps button for at least 10 seconds? Maybe it needs to be shut off.
I have tried that. I'm messing around with the controller some more today. It no longer seems to randomly shut off, and the right stick is no longer a bit off-center. Instead, the right stick is permanently pointing 100% up no matter what I do with it. the x-axis and anything else on the controller works fine, on the other hand.

I imagine whatever circuitry is responsible for sending the numbers for the right stick got a jolt of too much electricity through itself somehow and fried.
Is there a way to detect itself as an Xbox 360 controller like MotionInJoy?

I'm having trouble playing games like DmC and Sonic Racing Transformed. In DmC, my DS3 isn't recognized at all, but it's fine in device manager and such. Sonic Racing Transformed picks up my DS3 only in the launcher, won't work ingame. On top of that, the launcher configuration won't let me bind X and square.

I also tried using it in emulators such as PS1 ones and MAME, the problem is that the button numbering is beyond whack. The D-Pad are recognized as sequential buttons rather than POV hat, the face buttons have absurd numbering like 8-12 or something like that, and the triggers are stuck as digital on-off buttons rather than axis analog. While this digital on-off L2/R2 are obviously good for emulators, I need it to be the opposite for modern racing games with sensitivity input.

Can anyone help me out?
i was able to get the bluetooth dongle to connect to one of my ps3 controllers but it doesnt connect wirelessly to the newer i bought within the past 2 years. my red PS3 controller that wont connect is "DC 5v =500mA, model no. CECHZC2UA1" and the older that's is able to use bt said its "DC 3.7=300,model no. CECHZC2U". i dont know if im doing something wrong with it or not. i attached 2 screenshots

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)