XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@KiPhish:
@nTrancer:

added your hardware ids, see Post #301.

USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001 was already included in the list.

@cblair: the .inf file is located at bin\System\Windows 7\ScpDevlo.inf. [The driver files are extracted from ScpFilterDriver.exe when it is run]

@jhun23: 0xB7 => ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS, Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

@kneecompany: ok, your DS3 is installed and functioning.

Open Devices and Printers, right-click on your PLAYSTATION®3 Controller and select Game controller settings. Click Properties. (see screenshots)

The properties displayed are the DInput properties of the controller. If your game supports DInput, you should be able to configure the pad within the game without any additional changes.

XInput based games require you to drop the XInput Wrapper (bin\Win32\XInput1_3.dll) in to the directory where your game binary is located. There are various versions of the XInput dll which are used by games - XInput9_1_0.dll, XInput1_1.dll, XInput1_2.dll, XInput1_3.dll. So you will have to rename the XInput dll to whatever is required by your game.

Some games perform extra checking on XInput devices and will not work with the supplied XInput Wrapper. This can be alleviated for a few games by using x360ce and one of it's compatibility modes.

These are the limitations of using an XInput Wrapper. I have been working on a set of replacement drivers for DS3s which aim to remove these limitations by presenting DS3s as Native XInput devices (specifically Wired Xbox 360 Controller for Windows devices). The replacement drivers are currently in Beta Phase and are available in Post #301.

Note: I intend to release the next version (Release Candidate) sometime today / tomorrow.

@chrispwnu: can you open Device Manager and verify that the driver is installed correctly on your DS3, and also perform the DInput checks as above.

In Device Manager, double-click DS3 Controller for Windows, select the Driver tab, click Driver Details.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

all are working except vibration with my controller(ps3) SONY CECHZC2E.Am using windows 7 32bit.pls, help MR.Crush.
@jhun23: to test rumble - run bin\Win32\ScpUser.exe, click the Advanced check box, move the Rumble Sliders to the right to turn on rumble. See screenshot.

Rumble is available on DualShock 3 controllers, it is not available on SixAxis controllers.

Which game are you attempting to use the controller with?

I wonder, with the latest filter with native Xinput support how does the Wrapper behaves? Would it use a DS controller twice, once as a DS controller and again as a "native" XInput device?
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
I checked everything, and it is all installed correctly and looks exactly as it should. (Basing off the attached photos of course) Although when I go to Game Controller Settings, it shows nothing.
so meaning my controller is sixAxis not a DS3?What can u advice mr.crush to gain a vibration to my controller?Nba 2k13 is the game i want to play with.my controller is really awesome after i installed Xinput wrapper.only vibration is missing.much appreciate if you canhelp my problem.KEEP IT UP AND GOD BLESS...
@KrossX: with the latest version of the wrapper native XInput is disabled if a feed is available from ScpService. Reason being - there is no way to distinguish between a Virtual X360 pad and a real one, and want to avoid the ghosting you mentioned.

@chrispwnu: don't know what's going on, the only thing that the filter driver does is send a Start command to the DS3 when it is being initialised. Windows handles configuring DInput for the device and making it available in Game Controller settings.

Are you sure that it is a genuine Sony DualShock 3 controller? There are a lot of fake controllers around, which don't function exactly the same as the real thing.

@jhun23: I was just wanting to make sure you understood that SixAxis controllers don't support a rumble function.

If your controller has DualShock3 printed on the front it supports rumble and you should be able to test it with the ScpUser app.

I don't own NBA 2K13 myself, so can't say if it supports rumble and what you have to do to enable it. Maybe some other forum member who has it can assist you with it.
I am positive that the controller is genuine. I will try one of the controllers that came with my PlayStation and get back to you. Would this work on an AfterGlow bluetooth controller? I have two that I do not use, so if they would work, I can try those.
@chrispwnu: you'll need to download and install the drivers from Post #301. Download the driver + latest Bluetooth update.

For DS3 use your dongle must fully support Bluetooth 2.0+EDR. Check the hardware id of your dongle, if it is not listed post it and I can add an update for it.

The package requires an up to date version of the X360 controller drivers, you can pre-install these by installing the Xbox 360 Accessories software from here before installing the package.
Hello.
So I did a fresh install of Windows thinking it would somehow reset something but this program still does not work for me. Now I'm trying to uninstall it and I get this:
INFO - ENTER: DriverPackageUninstallW
INFO - No driver store entry for 'C:\Users\Chanel\Documents\XInput-Wrapper-SCP-2.2.1.88\SCPUser\bin\System\Windows 7\ScpDevlo.inf' found.
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageUninstallW (0xE0000302)

Uninstall Failed. [E0000302]

Edit: I was able to uninstall it once I unplugged the ps3 controller and plugged it back in. I tried just having the controller extract the .inf file directly and I still get the time out. Below is a screenshot of the message. Does anyone know how to solve this stupid timeout issue?? You would be my hero.