XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Hey guys!
I can't use My DS3 without USB Cable. Everything is fine with USB Cable but when i unplug that, the four LEDs start to blink simultaneously and nothing happens then. SCP DS3 Monitor shows host address and pad id. I think that means my DS3 has paird with BTH. same happens in Motion Joy.

Sponsored links

(04-09-2013, 03:43 AM)unvaluablespace Wrote: I'd say be careful with these drivers. bla.

Nobody tried to translate the page? jezz... at the bottom you can see this file: "x360c.etc.zip" "Delete DirectInput & OEM inf file property"

Japanese Xbox 360 controller translated

So there you go, that file is to avoid the problem you guys are describing.

Those japanese drivers are great and i have about 4 years using them on my 360 controller without any problem from WinXP to Win8(i have dual boot).

It's great to see a proper PS3 driver, good work man, and i hope as well to see them working in conjunction with the jap drivers, good luck.

(04-09-2013, 09:02 AM)unvaluablespace Wrote: jramon, im just curious, but if said drivers did work, would you say there could be a way to have programs/games see the controller/buttons as a regular xbox 360 controller, while still being able to customize the guide button as an extra button? I ask because I like the convenience of not having to customize most games that have 360 controller support, but I would like to use the guide button as another button for input. If so, I would be willing to give these drivers another chance, strictly for experimentation purposes lol.

You can make ANY controller to work like a Xbox360 controller with x360ce its open source and of course free

Here is the homepage:
http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

What it does it's make believe the Game/Xinput app("Games for windows" xinput games) that your controller is a xbox 360 controller. It's just a simple dll and ini that you drop inside your game and it have a cool configuration panel as well, but why i'm telling again? Scarlet.Crush did it already some pages ago Tongue.

Many many thanks again

Seeya
@Raiser: I've looked into disabling the DS3 so that it can be unplugged from USB and not attempt to connect to it's paired PS3. Haven't found a successful solution. Tried the MotioninJoy drivers, after issuing a Disconnect from the DS3 tool disconnecting from USB still connects to it's paired PS3 (latest 7.1 drivers).

Using the 0.8.0.100 RC drivers, you can Shutdown your PC and then disconnect your DS3. It won't attempt to connect via Bluetooth.

@jramon: still investigating the issues with the Masahiko Morii drivers. I can't get it to shutdown properly, doesn't matter whether the BTH driver is installed or not - may be a timing thing you are seeing on your machine.

When the ScpService is stopped it sends an Unplug command to the Virtual Bus for each connected controller. The bus then marks the device as missing and informs the Driver Manager that the device state has changed. Driver Manager then informs the Device driver that the device is missing. With the MS drivers (and XBCD) the driver then cleans up it's device extensions and issues a Remove Device to the lower driver (Virtual Bus) to do likewise - the Masahiko Morii drivers do not seem to do this correctly.

@Nedo: I don't know of any XInput game which has this exact a requirement during gameplay. You could try a game which has a "hold button" to crouch mechanic. You should see the character crouch/stand intermittently if it is experiencing the issue you describe. Batman: AA would be a likely candidate for this testing, and it was really cheap on Steam last time I looked.

@xonix888: it sounds like report packets are being dropped by your dongle. Likely causes are either your dongle is faulty, is having issues on USB connectivity, having issues on BTH connectivity.

Make sure your dongle is connected on a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port.
Make sure your dongle has a clear line of sight to your DS3 - connected on a front panel port with no major obstructions between it and your DS3 and is not close to other devices which use RF which may interfere with the BTH signal.

Zip your ScpDriver.log and ScpService.log (after extended period of use) and post as an attachment.

@azorbet: can you zip up ScpDriver.log and ScpService.log and post as an attachment.

@Tictoon:
@Khraftman:

The aim of the Realease 1.0 version of the drivers (which I'm working to with the RC) is to enable a DS3 to be used as a drop-in replacement for X360 pads - focused on compatibility, reliability, stability, ease of use and zero configuration. Primary to that focus is that any game which supports X360 pads through XInput or DInput should work transparently with a DS3 without requiring any game specific setup.

XInput specifically has a fixed format for compatible controllers -
Code:
//
// Constants for gamepad buttons
//
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_DPAD_UP          0x0001
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_DPAD_DOWN        0x0002
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_DPAD_LEFT        0x0004
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_DPAD_RIGHT       0x0008
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_START            0x0010
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_BACK             0x0020
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_LEFT_THUMB       0x0040
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_RIGHT_THUMB      0x0080
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_LEFT_SHOULDER    0x0100
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_RIGHT_SHOULDER   0x0200
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_A                0x1000
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_B                0x2000
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_X                0x4000
#define XINPUT_GAMEPAD_Y                0x8000

//
// Structures used by XInput APIs
//
typedef struct _XINPUT_GAMEPAD
{
    WORD                                wButtons;
    BYTE                                bLeftTrigger;
    BYTE                                bRightTrigger;
    SHORT                               sThumbLX;
    SHORT                               sThumbLY;
    SHORT                               sThumbRX;
    SHORT                               sThumbRY;
} XINPUT_GAMEPAD, *PXINPUT_GAMEPAD;

typedef struct _XINPUT_STATE
{
    DWORD                               dwPacketNumber;
    XINPUT_GAMEPAD                      Gamepad;
} XINPUT_STATE, *PXINPUT_STATE;

typedef struct _XINPUT_VIBRATION
{
    WORD                                wLeftMotorSpeed;
    WORD                                wRightMotorSpeed;
} XINPUT_VIBRATION, *PXINPUT_VIBRATION;

The drivers are designed to facilitate the use of these in conjunction with the MS XInput subsystem.

So features like adding extra buttons / axis would not be compatible with the XInput API. Features like recognising a shake are not implemented by current games, and there is no way to inform them that this event has occurred.
Sixaxis gyro/accelerometer features - I would have to agree with KrossX and unvaluablespace - are a novelty at best. The lack of support for them in most PS3 games demonstrates this, I don't own a single PS3 game which supports them.

The biggest failing of the MS X360 drivers is the support of DInput. Namely the Triggers share the Z Axis and are not mappable as buttons at driver level. I have not attempted to address this for a 1.0 Release, since any fix for it would break XInput support. The current option for this is to use 3rdparty replacement drivers for the MS X360 drivers - XBCD drivers are supported, and I am looking in to Masahiko Morii driver support (see above).
my logs

Attached Files
.zip   SCP Logs.zip (Size: 2,1 KB / Downloads: 148)
@azorbet: I don't see your DS3 disconnecting from USB in the log you posted. (Log is cleared every time the Service starts)

Can you do the following -
1. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
2. Restart the Service (or reboot your PC).
3. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
7. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
9. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
10. Wait 30 seconds.
11. Zip up your ScpService.log and post as an attachment.

Your dongle looks to be a very early rev of the CSR chip - USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0100 and may not fully support EDR.
(08-27-2012, 04:26 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: 5. After your DS3(s) has had the default Microsoft drivers installed, run SCPInstaller.exe [Run As Administrator]

Sorry for bothering you, but I just noticed that the 2.2.1.88 version dosn't actually contain a compiled binary of SCPInstaller. I was wondering if you were going to make it available again in the future?

Thanks in advance.
@ElHijoDelSol: from Post #1, changelog -

Quote:2. Renamed SCPInstaller.exe to SCPFilterDriver.exe. Win7 was popping up a compatibility dialog if named *Installer*.
Ah, sorry. I guess I missed it in all the release notes: My bad!
Sorry for my English.
@Scarlet.Crush
Thanks a lot for this wonderful tools and drivers.
I want to point out something about the motion sensor of the DS3. I used to use the motionjoy to emulate the xbox360 controller to play NFS Shift. However, it hard to play it using the DS3 sticks therefore i have changed the left stick X axis with the motion sensor. So now i have a xbox360 controler + motion sensor.
My question is if you could add a function like this to the drivers you have created because i like them more then the motionjoy. Moreover i think this trick would be useful as it continuos to emulate a xbox360 controller.
P.S: I have really little knowledge about drivers and staffs like that.
(04-13-2013, 09:27 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Raiser: I've looked into disabling the DS3 so that it can be unplugged from USB and not attempt to connect to it's paired PS3. Haven't found a successful solution. Tried the MotioninJoy drivers, after issuing a Disconnect from the DS3 tool disconnecting from USB still connects to it's paired PS3 (latest 7.1 drivers).

Using the 0.8.0.100 RC drivers, you can Shutdown your PC and then disconnect your DS3. It won't attempt to connect via Bluetooth.

Strange. The "Disconnect" button with MiJ worked perfectly for me. Just goes to show how unstable that software is.

Thanks for trying though! It's not much trouble turning off the paired PS3 anyhow.