XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@king_dick:
@hugo19941994:

added your hardware ids, see Post #639.

@crap13: just keep doing Uninstall (delete) / Scan, eventually you will get to the default Bluetooth driver.

@Mahrahia: copy bin\Win32\XInput1_3.dll to your PCSX2 directory (this provides the pressure extensions), copy bin\Win32\LilyPad-Scp-r5350.dll to your PCSX2\plugins directory (or Pokopom). Make sure your DS3 is connected and active before starting PCSX2. If your using Lilypad select LilyPad-Scp-r5350.dll as your pad plugin, configure as per screenshot.

@GenericHero: I think the issue is your controller, sounds like it is not a genuine Sony DS3. When a game sends out rumble commands it does so by sending out a series of rumble commands at a high rate to give the effect it requires (usually a ramped effect). It sounds like your controller can't handle the frequency of these rumble commands.

I test the drivers with my non-rev DS3s and Rev A1 DS3s using PCSX2 and Onimusha 2, which is very demanding (20ms between rumble commands) and have never seen the issue you are having. Nobody else has reported it either. You wont see the problem with SCPUser since it is not really possible to move the rumble sliders fast enough manually.

@soyo: haven't come across this myself, can't think of anything specific that could be causing it. Could try re-seating data / power connections, possibly moving the usb card to a different expansion slot.

@DeclanRand: the drivers don't support disabling rumble as this is a standard feature of X360 controllers.

@OminaeYu: nope, you can't blacklist Bluetooth adapters. You could remove hardware ids from the inf file, but this will leave the package as unsigned.

Sponsored links

Hmm. Any way to determine if it's really a fake controller? I bought it new from Walmart in a relatively upscale town in Northern California new in box, sealed, etc. No rumble isn't really a problem to me, but it looks and feels exactly like a legitimate controller that came with my friends phat PS3. I don't own Onimusha 2 so I can't test that on PCSX2.

What's weird about the 360ce is that when it does cause the disconnect it does it all the time, but when I shut down all things that use XInput and restart 360ce it doesn't do it anymore. Glad to hear that no one else has reported this problem, I can imagine some people getting really frustrated at this, in any case, if it is possible to determine if this is a genuine controller I would like to help figure this thing out.
Hi Scarlet. I must've uninstalled your bluetooth driver via Device Manager for over 10 times already (no exaggeration) but still to no avail. I've also tried continuously uninstalling via ScpDriver.exe but it still doesn't get removed.
Generic Hero, is it a ds3 controller? Or just sixaxxis? Because that could explain the lack of rumble. Unless it worked with motion joy
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
"Dualshock3 sixaxis" in blue on the controller. Rumble does function on SCPUser.exe
Maybe I'm just not too swift, but I can't find an answer by searching.

I mainly installed the bluetooth support to get my ps3 controller working for XBMC. The problem is, once I disconnect it from usb and the scp ds3 monitor catches it and pairs it to bluetooth, windows then recognizes it as a xbox 360 controller.

This is problematic for writing proper key mappings. Any reason why it does it show it as a DS3 control once it's on bluetooth?

Thanks
@GenericHero: "fake" controllers can be very hard to distinguish from the real thing without dismantling them. Usually it is only their behaviour when used via Bluetooth that indicates they are not genuine.

Other possibilities -
1. Controller has "locked up" - sometimes a genuine DS3 can exhibit strange behaviour, a pinhole reset will usually fix this.
2. Dodgy USB Port / Cable - try to verify using another USB device (pendrive / printer / phone / other cable), ensure it is a USB 2.0 port.
3. Try borrowing your friends DS3 and test with it.

@crap13: can you do the following -

1. Open an elevated command prompt.
2. cd to your install directory.
3. run the following command : pnputil -e > DrvStore.log
4. Zip up DrvStore.log and ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.

@corpgator: your DS3 should appear as an X360 controller on both USB and BTH, sounds like the USB driver has not been installed.

can you do the following -
1. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
2. Restart the Service (or reboot your PC).
3. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
7. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
9. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
10. Wait 30 seconds.
11. Zip up your ScpService.log and ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.
Good news, it was my mini usb cable. I swapped it for one I use for serial output on my beaglebone and it worked perfectly. The old "bad" cable appears to work fine for serial output to putty, so my issue is fixed. If I can find my multimeter I will check voltages and such on the cable to see if it's something there.

Thanks for your help, and double thanks for writing great software. Smile
This looks promising. I may have to look into this thread later, when i get the chance.
(05-03-2013, 08:28 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @GenericHero: "fake" controllers can be very hard to distinguish from the real thing without dismantling them. Usually it is only their behaviour when used via Bluetooth that indicates they are not genuine.

Other possibilities -
1. Controller has "locked up" - sometimes a genuine DS3 can exhibit strange behaviour, a pinhole reset will usually fix this.
2. Dodgy USB Port / Cable - try to verify using another USB device (pendrive / printer / phone / other cable), ensure it is a USB 2.0 port.
3. Try borrowing your friends DS3 and test with it.

@crap13: can you do the following -

1. Open an elevated command prompt.
2. cd to your install directory.
3. run the following command : pnputil -e > DrvStore.log
4. Zip up DrvStore.log and ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.

@corpgator: your DS3 should appear as an X360 controller on both USB and BTH, sounds like the USB driver has not been installed.

can you do the following -
1. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
2. Restart the Service (or reboot your PC).
3. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
7. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
9. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
10. Wait 30 seconds.
11. Zip up your ScpService.log and ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.

Can you point me to a link that has the button equivalents between the 360 ds3, so I can keymap them?