XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(09-16-2012, 08:07 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: From browsing around the web, it looks like Dark Souls just has a bonkers default XInput button mapping (eg Heavy Attack mapped to Start), with no in-game method of re-mapping.

For games like this, if you want to use your DS3 - install the filter driver (enables DInput), use X360CE to map your buttons to a sensible layout (DInput -> XInput).

@Squall: would you agree with this observation?

sounds like it differs depending on whether you use a wired or wireless controller actually.... which has been known to happen

Sponsored links

Hey Scarlet.Crush, awesome job so far in helping everyone ditch Motioninjoy. If you don't mind me asking, are you thinking of getting your program to work via bluetooth as well? That would be awesome. Thank you. (I don't mean to nag you or anything, just curious, if you can't its alright).
Was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Whenever XInput1_3.dll is in the PCSX2 directory PCSX2 crashes whenever I go to the Plugin/Bios Selector.
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.
Same problem here, yea. The modified plugin works just fine in native DS3 mode without the dll though.
Bluetooth support would make it perfect Smile
Indeed, crashes for me too. That's... good though, means it's reproducible. XD
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Had a quick look at the crashing issue, looks like it crashes only when Pokopom is in the plugins folder and occurs during a dll unload of XInput1_3.dll during a plugin enumeration. Doesn't occur during a normal dll unload (eg close of PCSX2 while a game is loaded). So would guess it is caused by the LoadLibrary() call for the extension api not being matched by a FreeLibrary() when Pokopom gets unloaded during enumeration.

Quick workaround : rename XInput1_3.dll to _XInput1_3.dll during plugin enumeration, and back for normal gameplay.

Power supply died on my dev machine, won't be able to look into this further until I get time to replace it.

I'd like to add Bluetooth support, just don't have spare time to do it at the moment. There's also a number of issues around supporting it that require consideration.
(10-07-2012, 08:43 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: Had a quick look at the crashing issue, looks like it crashes only when Pokopom is in the plugins folder and occurs during a dll unload of XInput1_3.dll during a plugin enumeration. Doesn't occur during a normal dll unload (eg close of PCSX2 while a game is loaded). So would guess it is caused by the LoadLibrary() call for the extension api not being matched by a FreeLibrary() when Pokopom gets unloaded during enumeration.

Quick workaround : rename XInput1_3.dll to _XInput1_3.dll during plugin enumeration, and back for normal gameplay.

Power supply died on my dev machine, won't be able to look into this further until I get time to replace it.

I'd like to add Bluetooth support, just don't have spare time to do it at the moment. There's also a number of issues around supporting it that require consideration.

Take your time with the Bluetooth support, no rush Smile. Just keep in mind that once you do it, Motioninjoy and that bad dev Acxie I think are finished Smile.
Ma'Pokopom is the crashy culprit? That makes me a sad panda. Sad
Is it possible to use a DS3/Sixaxis on Xinput games without having to copy the Xinput1_3.dll?
Nope, but just remove Pokopom if you have it, that should fix the crash.

I just tested it with the extensions removed from Pokopom. v85 still crashes, while v78 doesn't. Heck, it even crashes when I boot anything. ='(

I'll see if I can workaround something.

#EDIT:

I removed the x360 pad stuff from the wrapper, and now it works just fine. I'll try to reimplement it.

#EDIT2:

Please test the attached XInput1_3.dll, source included.
Those with DS and X360 controllers, please test if both work simultaneously. (with Pokopom too)

Attached Files
.zip   Wrapper.zip (Size: 35,76 KB / Downloads: 363)