XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Hey Scarlet,

The new driver looks great but I'm having problems installing it. With the filter I had to add my hardware id to the inf and it worked fine. I have done the same thing but the installer always gives an error at the end. Is there anything else I need to do now since it is no longer just a filter?

The dongle I'm using is the Asus bt211 which you have listed as one of the devices you are currently using for testing but my hardware id is not listed. Is it possibly just a revision of the hardware?

Here is a copy of the log

SCP Bluetooth Driver Installer 0.3.0.75

Detected - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601.65536 AMD64)
Selected WIN7 configuration.

INFO - ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
INFO - Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
INFO - Installing INF file 'C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\System\BthWinUsb.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO - Installing devices with Id "USB\VID_0B05&PID_1783&REV_0001" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\bthwinusb.inf_amd64_neutral_6ee3d816fdd4c7ad\BthWinUsb.inf".
INFO - Will force install because driver is not better and force flag is set.
INFO - ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
SUCCESS - RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
INFO - Installation was successful.
INFO - Marked Phantom Device with Hardware/Compatible Id 'USB\VID_0B05&PID_1783&REV_0001' for reinstall on next plug-in.
INFO - Marked Phantom Device with Hardware/Compatible Id 'USB\VID_0B05&PID_1783&REV_0001' for reinstall on next plug-in.
SUCCESS - Install completed
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x0)
INFO - ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0xE000020B)

Install Failed. [E000020B]

Sponsored links

@CaptnJack: the installer first installs a driver for the Dongle (successfull on your log), then a driver for your DS3 (0xE000020B - is device not found). You just need to have both Dongle and DS3 attached via USB when clicking the Install button.

I'll modify the instructions to include this.
Hey Scarlet,

I am trying your great DS3 driver with my ps3 clone joystick. I have some minor problems:
When I plug my only USB joystick to PC, I have not enough buttons See attach. 1.
I must reinstall the driver and then it works well(Attach. 2).
or I must reboot PC with joystick plugged in.

Is there solution for my problem?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@mintos5: The screenshot in Attach 2 is correct.

The Game Controllers Properties app show what is available from DInput, the HID descriptor presented by a DS3 maps DPAD (Hat Switch) and L3/R3 (Triggers) to buttons, LX/LY is mapped to X/Y Axis, RX/RY is mapped to Z Axis/Rotation.

In order to use the gamepad as an XInput device you must use the XInput1_3.dll supplied, it remaps the the HID reports to an X360 pad format.
(01-07-2013, 12:22 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @mintos5: The screenshot in Attach 2 is correct.

The Game Controllers Properties app show what is available from DInput, the HID descriptor presented by a DS3 maps DPAD (Hat Switch) and L3/R3 (Triggers) to buttons, LX/LY is mapped to X/Y Axis, RX/RY is mapped to Z Axis/Rotation.

In order to use the gamepad as an XInput device you must use the XInput1_3.dll supplied, it remaps the the HID reports to an X360 pad format.
I know about XInput, but when I connect the joystick. I have just 13 butons and I can not use (for example): cross,square... (in Xinput Controller test)
I must reboot or reinstall driver. I think it is because my joystick works out of box but with your driver works rumble and pressure sensitivity.
Is possible to make it works automatic without reboot...??
Bluetooth Prototype 4 (Read here for Prototype 1, here for Prototype 2, here for Prototype 3 - please read before continuing)

1. Added Virtual X360 Bus driver *. [DS3s connected via USB or BTH now appear to the OS as Official X360 controllers]
2. Added Virtual X360 Bus driver install to Installer.
3. Changed Installer to continue the installation on device not connected.
4. Fixed Upper/Lower case discrepancy for device path names on notification. [thread could spin since it didn't know it's device had been removed]

* The driver is not yet compatible with XP, the installer does not install it on an XP machine.
I've been testing on Win7 (x86/x64) and Win8 (x64) without issue, don't currently have a Vista (x86/64) or Win8 (x86) box to test with.

New Install
1. Connect your Dongle and DS3 via USB and let Windows install it's default drivers.
2. Unpack the archive.
3. Create a directory where you want the Service/Server to run from [I used C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions - create from an elevated command prompt]
4. Copy bin\ScpDriver.exe to the directory you created.
5. Run ScpDriver.exe as Administrator. [This will unpack the binaries & drivers]
6. Click Install [if you don't want the Service installed uncheck Configure Service first]
7. Click Exit.

Upgrade from Prototype 3
1. Unpack the archive.
2. Stop the Service [net stop "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use SCM]
3. Close ScpMonitor.
4. Copy bin\ScpDriver.exe to your install directory.
5. Run ScpDriver.exe as Administrator. [This will unpack the binaries & drivers]
6. Uncheck Configure Service, then click Install.
7. Start the Service [net Start "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use SCM]

Note :
The new driver is based on the WDK Toaster WDM Bus sample, if you have a Toaster Bus (or UsbIP) uninstall them first if you want to use it.

The XInput1_3.dll wrapper is no longer required for PC games, it is only required if you are using Pokopom for pressure sensitive buttons in PCSX2 [or using XP].

Only updated version of Lilypad-SCP to go, next release will move to Alpha/Beta phase.

Had to split Binary/Source because of size limitation on uploads in the forum (14 MB Limit).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   ScpServer-0.4.0.80-Binary.7z (Size: 9 MB / Downloads: 505)
.7z   ScpServer-0.4.0.80-Source.7z (Size: 9,12 MB / Downloads: 340)
Native XInput-ness?! Awesome. =O
The home/guide button works too?
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Now that you mention it ... erm nope, completely forgot about that, adding it to my to do list.
Bluetooth Prototype 4 - Update

1. Added Guide/Home button support.
2. Added thresholding to report parser. [to stop flickering in Xbox 360 Accessories app]

Updating Prototype 4
1. Unpack the archive.
2. Stop the Service [net stop "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use SCM]
3. Close ScpMonitor.
4. Copy ScpControl.dll (unpacked from the archive) to your install directory.
5. Start the Service [net Start "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use SCM]

Note :

If Steam is running and you hold the PS button for approx 5 secs, it will pop up it's "Big Picture" screen. [annoying or useful]

Attached Files
.7z   ScpControl-0.4.0.81.7z (Size: 21,76 KB / Downloads: 380)
@mintos5 : The filter driver does 1 thing -> sends a Start command to the DS3 after receiving a URB_FUNCTION_GET_DESCRIPTOR_FROM_INTERFACE response. I would guess that your pad uses the Start command to switch modes from PC -> PS3 mode, but has already sent the PC mode descriptor. When you reboot/reinstall, the pad is in PS3 mode so it sends the PS3 mode descriptor. So it's possible that switching the order may solve your issue, I'll try to have a look at this at the weekend and post a test filter driver for you to try. Let me know which OS are you using, and if it is 32 or 64 bit.

In the meantime it shouldn't be necessary to reboot/reinstall, you should be able to just stop and start the driver in Device Manager. Let me know if this works for you.