XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@Dracyr: ok, found it. Bug in the bus, wasn't breaking out of a for loop when looking up the controller id, so would send all output to the last controller connected.

Fixed bus attached. Install it manually with :-
1. Extract the archive to a temp directory.
2. Stop the Service [net stop "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use SCM]
3. Open device manager, browse to System devices -> Scp Virtual Bus Driver.
4. Double Click it, Driver tab -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick -> Have Disk.
5. Browse to <extracted archive>\ScpServer\bin\System and select ScpVBus.inf. Press Open -> OK -> Next. Wait till Windows completes installing the driver.
6. Start the Service [net Start "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use SCM]

Attached Files
.7z   ScpServer-Bus-Update.7z (Size: 38,07 KB / Downloads: 569)

Sponsored links

Works great now! Also i noticed a bunch of Scp Virtual Bus Drivers in my device manager, from reinstalling and testing and such. Maybe do a check to see if it is already present at installation or look if ScpDriver is uninstalling it correctly, if it's not a problem of me messing with stuff too much.
I'm having the same issues as Dracyr. I tried your fix, just as you said in post# 161, but all 3 of my controllers still act as one, even though three xbox controllers are listed in devices.

I also had the issue of multiple scp virtual bus drivers (24 to be exact) in my control panel. I uninstalled everything, manually removed all virtual bus drivers, then reinstalled. I now only have two virtual bus drivers listed. I applied your bus driver update to both drivers, and still no go :-\

Also, I'm not exactly sure what I did to get this, but I kept playing around with the drivers, and my controllers, like dracyr, and at one point it seemed the driver knocked the bluetooth adapter off or something. For some reason, my ps3 controllers all refused to pair again, and the scpmonitor was showing a bluetooth address of 00:00:00:00:00 instead of the correct address. the controllers would work fine plugged in, so im assuming it was just related to the bluetooth. even after a restart, stopping and re-running the service, I still had the same issue. So I uninstalled and re-installed the drivers completely, and eventually got the driver to notice my bluetooth again, but then the controllers still wouldnt pair. I had to push the reset button on the back of the controllers to gain correct bluetooth pairing again. I kept restarting, stopping, and running your service, in attempts to get windows to detect the controllers individually, when this problem occurred.
Hi, I'm here to share my feedback toward this driver (If responding to unvaluablespace's question, please look past my post to answer).

SCP Feedback

MOBILITY:
+Hotswapping During Game = Great
+Less Files to Carry Over in Comparison to Other Programs
+Easy Intall/Uninstall
-Button Names are Far From Standard D-Input Naming When Not Using .Dll

GAME COMPATIBILITY:
-Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City --- GREAT
-Mirror's Edge --- GREAT
-Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City --- GREAT
-Sleeping Dogs --- DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY (Button Presses nor Rumble)
-Deus Ex Human Revolution + Expansion --- ONLY WORKS WHEN RENAMING XINPUT1_3.DLL TO XINPUT9_1_0.DLL
-Ghostbusters --- GREAT
-Guilty Gear Isuka --- GREAT (After Reconfiguring Buttons Thru Built-In Utility)
-Guilty Gear X2 #Reload --- GREAT (After Reconfiguring Buttons Thru Built-In Utility)
-Street Fighter IV --- DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY (Button/Dpad Presses nor Rumble) *cannot custom remap keys in loader
-Akatsuki BK --- DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY (Face Buttons)
-Akatsuki Shisei Ichigou --- DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY (Face Buttons)
-Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 --- ONLY WORKS WHEN RENAMING XINPUT1_3.DLL TO XINPUT9_1_0.DLL or XINPUT1_2.DLL
-Streets of Rage v5 Remake --- GREAT (Don't Deed .dll)
-Yatagarasu --- DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY (Dpad)
-The Walking Dead --- DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY
-Fighter Maker 2002 Games --- DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY (D-Pad)
-M.U.G.E.N. Variants --- GREAT (Don't Need .dll)
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
Scarlet.Crush:
I do have the original DS3 it seems, CECHZC2E. Any other ideas? Tongue2
(01-13-2013, 08:53 PM)shinra358 Wrote: GAME COMPATIBILITY:

-Street Fighter IV --- DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY (Button/Dpad Presses nor Rumble) *cannot custom remap keys in loader

All buttons and rumble work fine for me, no dll needed. I think the loader doesn't allow real Xbox controller to be remapped either. The attack buttons can still be changed in the in-game options menu.
(01-13-2013, 09:42 PM)rama Wrote: Scarlet.Crush:
I do have the original DS3 it seems, CECHZC2E. Any other ideas? Tongue2

Rama, are you just having issues with the controller working via Bluetooth, or does it not work via usb as well? I'm wondering if its possibly a compatibility issue with the bluetooth adapter your using?

Scarlett, I have another bluetooth Adapter if you wouldn't mind adding it to your device for testing. I have someone else willing to test it out. I think its a similar adapter to others you have already added in, just a different revision Smile

vid_0a12&pid_0001rev5276
Bluetooth Prototype 4.1 (includes all updates since 4.0)

1. Fixed Detection of Virtual Bus during driver install. (will no longer see multiple instances)
2. Reworked installer, provides a summary of what was configured after completing. (see attachment 1).
3. Installer no longer extracts files from an internal resource, all binaries and driver files are contained directly within the archive. (people were getting caught out by it overwriting updated files. also reduces the size of the archive so can post as one file containing both binaries & source).

Important - make sure your Bluetooth dongle and DS3(s) are plugged in via USB before running ScpDriver.exe

New Install
1. Connect your Dongle and DS3 via USB and let Windows install it's default drivers.
2. Unpack the archive.
3. Create a directory where you want the Service/Server to run from [I used C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions - create from an elevated command prompt]
4. Copy the contents of the ScpServer\bin to the directory you created.
5. Run ScpDriver.exe as Administrator.
6. Click Install [if you don't want the Service installed uncheck Configure Service first]
7. Click Exit.

Upgrade from Prototype 4
1. Unpack the archive.
2. Stop the Service [net stop "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use SCM]
3. Close ScpMonitor.
4. Delete all instances of Scp Virtual Bus Driver in Device Manager.
5. Copy the contents of the ScpServer\bin to the directory you created.
6. Run ScpDriver.exe as Administrator.
7. Uncheck Configure Service, then click Install.
8. Start the Service [net Start "SCP DS3 Service" - from an elevated command prompt, or use SCM]

@unvaluablespace: I think you were getting caught out by ScpDriver.exe overwriting and re-installing drivers.
If your Bluetooth dongle gets hung you need to remove power from it, easiest way is to just unplug it form the USB port and plug it back in, you may also need to reset the DS3(s) via it's reset button.
Added your hardware id to inf/cat.

@rama: is your dongle BT 2.1 + EDR compliant? (DS3s require this as a minimum). One other thing to check is it is plugged in to a USB 2.0 port, I had some strange behaviour from my dongles when I tried them in my keyboard hub (1.1). Belkin dongle wasn't seen by the OS, Asus dongle reported a different hardware id and wouldn't work at all.
Can you update to 4.1, stop the service and run ScpServer.exe. Attempt to connect via Bluetooth. Post a screenshot of the trace.

@Ba'al: I think shinra358 is refering to the filter driver from Post #1, which has some limitations - hence the development of the Prototype.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   ScpServer-0.4.1.85.7z (Size: 9 MB / Downloads: 415)
Ah ok, I'll keep that in mind. Can't wait to try the update tonight! Laugh

Noticed two things with the driver:

When paired via Bluetooth, the controllers do not seem to have a time out period for saving of battery. Had a controller on for almost an hour before I realized it never shut itself off.

Also noticed when multiple ds3's are paired, once turned off, controllers power back on to initial control input upon power up. Example: controller 3 still turns on as controller 3, even though controllers 1 & 2 are no longer on and connected. Would it be possible to make it so the controller powers on to the first disconnected input? As in the previous example, having controller 3 power back on as controller 1 because controllers 1&2 are now shut off? Smile
Alright, installed v4.1 as per instructions and attempted again, still the same. This is the ScpServer screenshot:

I do know that my dongle was very cheap but it was bought around 2010 or so, so it should be new enough. The BT version reported in your app seems correct.